Wednesday 30 January 2013

Review: Revlon Nail Enamel in Bewitching (620)


Boots had an offer where the majority of Revlon products were just £5. On a whim I picked up this nail varnish as it looked gorgeous in the bottle. From the bottle alone I expected it to be a very dark pink – perfect for spring. Actually on my nails it looks a little different but it’s still a lovely nail varnish!




As I said, it is a very deep pink but definitely has some burgundy tones to it. When I first applied it, I was sure it was identical to a Barry M nail varnish I got over a year ago. However, I think this is slightly lighter and ‘pinker’. I found you had to apply it quite thickly; I could not manage to get a light layer on my nail without it streaking. It dried very quickly and I felt like I had to apply the polish quickly otherwise the strokes weren't merging and were just layered. The brush was also quite small – I swear my other Revlon varnishes have bigger brushes (or am I imagining this?)

Overall, it’s a lovely polish that applies well with just 2 coats for a really opaque cover. It is a gorgeous colour for spring that could easily work for A/W this year too (I wouldn’t push it in the summer).

Rachael xoxo

(p.s. ignore the fact I haven't cleaned up. The majority of my nail stuff is at home as I forgot it after Christmas. Stupid me)

No comments:

Post a Comment