Monday 15 October 2012

Update with L'Occitane Mango Flower Hand Cream

Afternoon all!

I've got a bit of a hectic week this week with various tutorials and lectures and labs. Last week was a tad stressful but it seems this week has started off well. I even finished my experiment in the lab an hour early (nothing else could make me happier)! To celebrate, I bought a copy of Marie Claire which came with a free L'Occitane hand cream.

My mother has always been a fan of expensive cosmetics - shower gels, face/hand creams, shampoos etc. For as long as I can remember, my mum has always had some form of L'Occitane product in our bathroom. I am so used to using them that it does make me sad now I'm using a £1 shower gel which has a similar smell to an expensive counterpart (L'Occitane Verbena - oh how I miss it!)

At £3.70, I couldn't really put Marie Claire down this month. The magazine even has Taylor Swift on the cover! Recently her music has turned into a not-so-guilty pleasure and if I'm honest - I wanted to know who designed the dress she was wearing on the cover!

There are just a few things I want to say about this hand cream and the first is BUY IT. I love L'Occitane hand creams and probably always will. They are very thick, a little goes a long way and 20% Shea Butter. My favourite aspect of these hand creams is that they soak in so quickly and your hands feel softer immediately. It doesn't help that the Mango Flower scent is so yummy that I can't help but put it on at all times.

I am already sold on L'Occitane hand creams and thought this post might be a bit biased so I got one of my flat mates to try it as well. She had never heard of the brand and was just using a Nivea moisturiser that she got free from a magazine at some point. The first thing she noticed was the smell - yes, it smells gorgeous! She then commented on how quickly it soaks in and how non-oily her hands felt. Yes, a non-user liked it from the word go!

Now she is looking in all the shops to try and get a copy herself for this hand cream... if that doesn't tell you how good the product is I don't know what will.

Update time!
It is now officially autumn. The leaves are changing colour and falling off the trees. It is raining (a lot!) and getting increasingly cold. It was just 11 degrees this morning during my walk to the lab that I reached for my fur snood. It was from Primark 2 years ago and cost me £10. It is still the best £10 I've ever spent at this moment in time.

Last of all, I finally got my winter pumps! Luckily there was late night shopping at Chapelfield and Office were giving 20% off for students so voila! My flatmates have called them my 'Ozzy Osbourne shoes' and I do think that is a fitting name. It's a shame it's rained/been a lab day every day since I've bought them.

So that's everything! Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment