Wednesday 2 April 2014

Instagram Update #14

How have I not posted anything for over a month! How, how, how, how how?!
I have been they busiest I have ever been and working non-stop. I had three deadlines last week, two deadlines a week every week before that, a course test (I definitely failed - not kidding) this morning and still have one lab report to do. I've had to go out and read the occasional book just to stay sane. I wish I had more than one evening to waste to just relax but with five exams looming but unfortunately that's not the case! One evening will have to do. 


£5 H&M kimono / Haim are amazing / Becky's birthday / no more labs / I MET HAIM / Deliriu, / Physical chemistry / Paperchase obsession / Headlights showcase
1. I don't go out much, but when I do I go nuts. I took advantage of the 20% H&M discount a while ago and finally wore my floor length black kimono. I just paired it with a vest top, my leather skirt and Topshop Wink sandals and really love the outfit. If you haven't noticed, I've started wearing my hair with a middle parting too - it was time for a change!

2. I finally saw Haim again (for the third time!) and they are brilliant. They just ooze coolness and I want to be a Haim sister. I've really gotten back into playing guitar since seeing them again. All it takes is a bit of inspiration to really get you back on track. I might even go back to guitar lessons over the summer.

3. I had to go back home to celebrate my friend Becky's birthday - especially because I probably won't be next year (fingers crossed!). It is always so lovely to see everyone from home - I'm going to miss that so much.

4. My second semester of year 2 is coming to a close and I got just a little bit excited about finishing labs for the year. It feels nice not to have a 9am start on a Tuesday but I already miss my labs. Weird. Oh, and this picture has confirmed my suspicion that I should wear goggles all the time. Just saying.

5. Oh, I MET HAIM. I didn't really have time to wait - I had a poster on Eptifibatide to work on but I did anyway. Since my uni has a music venue on campus it has been on my bucket list to meet a celebrity/band etc. on campus and now it has happened! They were super lovely (and I still want to be a Haim sister).

6. I may have been working non-stop but I need some sort of fun in my life to keep me sane. Recently this has come in the form of books. Bus journeys to and from uni are not the same without one. I finally read Allegiant (just oh my god I cannot deal) and then moved onto Delirium which I LOVED! It was such an original idea and was brilliant and I definitely recommend it. I'm about half way through Pandemonium and I am showing exceptional will power to put it down just after one chapter. I think I may try and finish it tonight before I start working again tomorrow - it's so good!

7. I couldn't have posted an Instagram update without a picture of me working. Physical chemistry has taken over my life for the past week and I cannot tell one equation from the other anymore. I guess I'll just have to work even harder then.

8. To cheer myself up (after my horrific test this morning) I went a bit nuts in Paperchase. I saw the parrot wrapping paper and became obsessed. I almost bought the hip flask! The lobster wrapping paper is also perfect and I couldn't help but buy the postcards for 60p each. I've wanted postcards (the designs are the same as those on Alphabet Bags) but you have to buy multi-packs if you get them direct. I was so happy to find these so cheap (and individual!) so £5 later I had a bag full of card....

9. Last, but not least, we finally had the Headlights annual Revue. After a lot of stress, deceit (they told me the show was going to get cancelled - erghh) and hard work we pulled it off. Bad Bread -  our headline act - were absolutely brilliant and super duper lovely. Overall, it was a pretty successful night! I'm actually super sad to be leaving Headlights this year. I already feel out of the loop as I'm not on the committee next year (for obvious reasons). They'll have to keep me posted.

So that is just a few of the things I've done over the past month. I don't know how I've had the time to breathe! Tonight I'll relax and 9am tomorrow morning (otherwise I won't get a computer at the library!) I'll start working again.

You really don't realise how much you miss wasted time until you don't have the time to waste.

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment