Wednesday 19 December 2012

Nail Art - Santa Nails!

Hey guys!

Christmas is nearly upon us! With my new found Christmas freedom I have painted my nails with cute little Santas!

Surprisingly, they were dead simple to do! After a base coat, put a french tip in white, followed by a red semi-circle at the bottom of your nail. Once that has dried, simply use a dotting tool to put the white circles for the trim on Santa's hat followed by dots for eyes and a nose. Simple!

Products Used: Barry M 'Bright Red', Barry M 'Matt White', Barry M 'Black' and Nails Inc. 'Basil Street'

My cat looked impressed by my nails - look at the smile on her face!

Just a quick mention on the quality of these polishes: I love them! Barry M polishes are almost always a good quality. They only need 2 thin coats and don't chip easily if you put on a top coat. I would thoroughly recommend you buy these three colours as they really are staples in any nail varnish collection.

However, Nail's Inc. 'Basil Street' is one of my favourite polishes. It is a gorgeous nude that goes with absolutely everything I own. It can be worn on it's own, with various gradients, with french tips - basically everything! If you want a nude, I would totally recommend this one! The formula is great, leaving a sleek, shiny look in 1-2 coats. It also dries relatively quickly. It is a tad pricey at £11 but I got it free with Glamour magazine about a year ago. I still use it like mad so surely that is a sign it is a fab nail varnish.

There are so many different designs I want to try out over Christmas and New Years. I just hope I get the time! Have you been inspired to try out some festive nails?

Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment