Friday 28 December 2012

Benefit: She's So Jetset


This is the lovely 'She's so Jetset' gift set which I was lucky enough to get for Christmas. It includes testers of 'The Porefessional', 'They're Real' and 'Life on the A List' lipgloss. Along with this is a four eyeshadow palette, face powder and two brushes. On first look this set looks gorgeous and the products don't disappoint either!



The POREfessional is a fantastic product. It does cover the appearance of pores and overall is a fantastic primer. It isn't quite as drying as others i've tried and does go that little bit further. It has a much thinner consistency and is more lightweight than other primers I have tried. This actually may be a primer that I'll actually use!

The eyeshadow palette is gorgeous. The colours compliment each other wonderfully and are super easy to apply. They are silky and light yet they have a good staying power. The colours are also highly pigmented - which I expect considering the price! I have been looking for a good nude/brown palette and I think I have found it.

I am not a user of face powders and blushers but the one included in this palette is very wearable for me. It acts more of a highlighter if I am honest. There is a bit of colour to it, but it is not obvious. In theory, I should be able to wear this blusher/face powder without looking like a clown. I still need to test this....

The lipgloss, 'Life on the A List', is a shimmery, pale peach. It's a super flattering colour that is super versatile. I also found that I needed so little at a time. I ended up dotting a few blobs of the lipgloss on my lips and using a separate brush to apply it. So much comes out on the attached lip brush and you don't need that much! However, it's a lovely colour that I'll definitely use.

Lastly, there is the 'They're Real' mascara. This one has received so many awards and I know quite a few people who love it and buy it on a regular basis. However, I was not too keen. I was amazed at how easy it was to apply. It instantly gave crazy long lashes with incredible curl. The brush is quite large and even has the ball at the end for the hard to get lashes. What the mascara does is incredible.

However, I felt like it clumped my lashes together. Sure, I still had many lashes but they felt a tad spidery. I seem have this problem with all plastic brushes - they don't give the volume and separation that a bristle brush can give. However, I still consider it to be an amazing mascara. I personally wouldn't buy it again but I will most probably use up this tube. I really want to know how it works (maybe I could go to the NMR lab?).


Overall, this is a lovely gift set. The colours are super flattering and compliment each other fabulously. They are all of fantastic quality - as expected from Benefit - and I will use this palette over and over again. It even comes with an 'in-flight manual' showing various ways to use each product. Sure, it isn't exactly the easiest thing to carry around with you. It is a tad bulky but I very much doubt you'll need to take it in a handbag. I love this.
Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment