Wednesday 26 December 2012

Review: Soap and Glory Small Wonders

Merry Christmas to one and all! It has definitely been a busy Christmas for me with very little time for blogging. If I'm honest, I've been stuck in books for the past week or so and when I get in a reading rut it's impossible to get a word from me! I have been spoilt this year for sure and for starters...I received this set from my flatmate from our Flat Secret Santa!

When I went shopping in Norwich before Christmas, my flatmate could not believe I had never used Soap and Glory before. She loves it as much as I love my L'Occitane so obviously she thought this was the perfect gift. I can tell you now, I am so happy she bought it for me! I am now unconditionally and irrevocably in love with it (props to Stephanie Meyer for that quote).

Soap and Glory 'Small Wonders' gift set: £10 (not currently available online 26.12.12)

The set includes the travel sizes of four products: Hand Food, Scrub of Your Life, Clean on Me and Righteous Butter. Also included is the largest body puffs I have ever seen. It takes up 60% of the gorgeous gift box! The first thing to say about Soap and Glory is that their packaging is super lovely. I love the whole vintage theme - especially when it comes to cosmetics. I will have these on show in my bedroom when I go back to Uni in January.

Soap and Glory 'Hand Food' hand cream: £2.50 (travel size)

This cold weather we are having is making me reach for hand cream whenever I get into my room. I have so many travel sizes now that I even have one in my bag at all times. I am a huge supporter of L'Occitane's hand creams with their 20% Shea Butter. Hand Food also has Shea Butter in it but hasn't got as high a concentration. However, it is still a very good hand cream that I would happily buy again! You only need a small bit on each hand and my hands instantly feel seriously moisturised. It has a gorgeous smell and of course - it looks super pretty! In comparison to L'Occitane - it does not soak in as quickly and can feel a tad greasy. However, it is still the second best hand cream I've ever used and it is half the price of L'Occitane (which is a hefty £18 a tube for the full size). On my student budget this will definitely be my hand cream of choice. Sure, it's not as cheap as other brands but with the travel size at only £2.50 - I can live without a couple of coffees on campus.

Soap and Glory 'Scrub of your Life' smoothing body buffer: £2.50 (travel size)

I don't use scrubs and exfoliators often. I probably should use them more often but I really don't. Therefore, I can't really compare this scrub to any others. However, after using it my skin felt significantly softer. It advertises moisturising properties and I would agree with that. I will probably use this whole tube of the scrub but who knows if I would buy it again. I don't usually bother with a scrub (especially when I am running later for a lecture!) but maybe I will change my mind!

Soap and Glory 'Clean on Me' shower gel: £2.50 (travel size)

Clean on Me is now my favourite shower gel. It has the same yummy pink lemonade smell that all of these products have and I love it! Even better, you only need a small bit at a time and the scent stays all day. I have experienced very few shower gels that actually have a long lasting smell but this one definitely does. It is quite moisturising although not as much as I expected. However if you layer the scrub and the body butter too, I expect you'll have skin as soft as a baby! I am seriously considering buying this shower gel in the full size but I really don't think I should be spending £5.50...

Soap and Glory 'The Righteous Butter' body butter: £2.50 (travel size)

Lastly is The Righteous Butter body butter. I don't often moisturise either so again - I doubt I will buy this again. However, it is incredibly moisturising for quite a long period of time. There is no doubt that this is a very good product. In reality, I should be using a body butter regularly and if I was I would happily buy this butter again.

Overall, these Soap and Glory products are amazing. They all smell super yummy and are seriously moisturising. They aren't cheap, but they aren't quite the price of the more upmarket counterparts. I can easily see myself buying more Soap and Glory in the near future (unfortunately for my bank balance). I would recommend every single product in this kit - especially if you have never used Soap and Glory before. I feel an obsession coming on...

Rachael xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment