Saturday 8 December 2012

Wishlist: 8th December (with update!)

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. We're about to start the last week of the semester and I've had coursework, tests, labs, tutorials and extra lectures left, right and centre. I have decided to give myself an hour off from revising (erlack, maths) to post as I am a fabulous procrastinator. So here is my wish list!

Kindle Fire: Now, don't get me wrong, I love books! I love having a book in my bag and reading it in a coffee shop, on the bus, on the train, wherever! For the past couple of years I have said that I could never have a kindle. I love the feel of books too much. I like to hold a book in my hand and see how many pages to the next chapter and visibly see how far I've got till the end. However, as a student, I have very little shelving and lots of text books so I have very little space to store other books. I see people around campus with their kindles and iPads and it does look incredibly convenient. I think now might be the right time to get one - they now have colour screens and can easily browse the web. You can use them to stream from Lovefilm, play games, check e-mail/facebook and more. They are now much more like a tablet and much less like an e-reader.

Classic Book Cover for Kindle: now, if I am honest, these covers are the main reason I now want a kindle. They are gorgeous and I want all of them. I am undecided as to whether I could get the Einstein cover (I am a scientist after all) or the Alice in Wonderland cover (it is one of my favourite books). However, the cases are super cute and I could happily have that in my bag at all times. At £30, they aren't that expensive and I now wish that my flatmate had never told me about www.notonthehighstreet.com

Super cute mugs: Both mugs are from the same seller and I can't get over how cute they are! I don't even like tea but I can't get over the 'you are my cup of tea mug'. They will make lovely christmas presents for people (i.e. me!) but I cannot warrant spending almost £10 on a mug.

MICHAEL Michael Kors Essential Zip Wallet for iPhone 5: Now, it has slipped that I am getting an iPhone 5 for Christmas. I am super, duper excited as I have had my old 3Gs since the month they first came out. I think it's about time for a new phone. Obviously, because it is so goddamn expensive, I want a really good case to protect it. I love tiny clutches that hold just my phone and a card and you can't get them for the 5 yet unless you get them from Apple. Yes, it is Michael Kors, and yes it is £80. It is so simple and classy (and leather) and if I was not a student it would be mine. My only problem is I know I'm going to put the purse down on a bar somewhere and it'll be ruined. Sucks right?

The Enderby Core Hoodie: I have got my Alchemy society hoodie and basically live in it at the weekend. I mope around the flat wearing leggings, the hoodie and slipper socks wishing revision would end. Because it is so oversized I feel like a complete slob leaving the flat in it so I don't. I am really in the mood to waste money on a hoodie and when I popped into Jack Wills earlier in the week I almost left with this hoodie. I think I might have to pick it up next week.....

Ipstones Travel Pass: Now, as I am a student and Greater Anglia try to rip you off left, right and centre, I now own various travel passes (16-24 and oyster ofc). They give you travel pass holders with them but they aren't pretty and I would love a new pretty holder. I love the look of this one but I really can't warrant the money. My flatmates do not understand why I even want one (and they don't like Jack Wills - that doesn't help). However, the temptation is definitely there

Update!

It's almost Christmas! I have one week left of semester. This means I only have 1 lab session left (hopefully) and 4 out of my 11 tests left. I have had so much coursework and revision to do this past month that I haven't had time to think and I haven't done nearly enough work to pass. I'm sure I'll work it out somehow...

I seem to be doing relatively well at the moment somehow - in the lab anyway. I got 82% in the lab report I slaved over one weekend so I am super happy about that! If I am honest, I'd have been super happy with anything above 70% as I had no clue what I was doing. I've also got the majority of my lab notes back and so far they've come back full marks. I can tell you now, my lab work has improved in leaps and bounds since A Level. I guess that is due to my 7 hours in the lab per week...

I also got 85% in my maths coursework! Hallelujah! I've submitted my article for another module and now all I have left is 2 summative tests and 2 formative tests. This week can't pass soon enough! I can't wait to go home and really get in the Christmas Spirit and most of all....watch TV!

Unfortunatley ELF had 50% off of all their products last week. I ended up spending £35 on products for myself, my sisters and my mum. I will definitely do reviews of all my products when I get them. After Christmas I will beg my mum and my sister to let me borrow their presents so I can swatch. I know it's dead cheeky but I want to know how they come out just as much as they do! I find Elf products to be hit and miss but since I splashed out (ha) on the studio cosmetics, I hope they are even better than their price (I don't know how that'll happen. £3 for a primer is amazing!).

Okay, so I'd best go revise differentiation and intergration. I'll do some work on electrostatics too. I'm trying my hardest not to spend any more money, but I don't know how long that will last. Have I inspired you to be more creative with your Christmas shopping? If not, look on www.notonthehighstreet.com. You will never be stuck for ideas.

Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment