Sunday 25 November 2012

Review: Natural Collection moisture shine lipstick in Cherry Red

Hey guys!

I was in town the other day and had a cheeky look at the Natural Collection stand in Boots whilst my flatmate was obsessing over Soap and Glory. I spotted this lipstick and swatched it on my hand to find it is the exact colour I was looking for about three months ago - typical huh? At only £1.99 I picked it up and here it is - Cherry Red.

This is Natural Collection. The lipstick cost £1.99. The packaging isn't great but it is a cheap lipstick. You can't expect a glamourous looking lipstick when it costs less than a coffee in Starbucks.

The colour is a dark cherry red. It has a slight blue undertone, more so than Scarlett, so for my skin tone it is great. I attempted to put it on one morning and almost screamed at how dark it was. I swiftly took it off and re-applied by Revlon Balm stain in Lovesick. This is definitely an evening lipstick if you are pale like me.

It is advertised as 'high shine' - which it is. It's not obnoxious. It is probably just the right amount of shine for a lipstick so dark. You could easily apply a gloss over the top to make it more dramatic. It is also supposed to 'gently moisturise the lips'. I'm not too sure about this statement. It is definitely not as drying as some lipsticks I have tried but I wouldn't say it moisturises my lips. However, it is nice to not come home with chapped lips after a night out.

This lipstick seems to run quite a bit on me and it is fairly visible due to the colour. This could easily be fixed with a lipliner and Topshop have one almost identical at the moment for about £7. It would also make the lipstick last longer - although at £1.99, I don't think anyone would mind re-applying.

As a cheap lipstick, this product is fantastic! I do like Natural Collection lipsticks as they are so cheap and the colours are quite trendy compared to some other cheaper collections. They are a fab way to try out a new colour without breaking the bank. The colour of this is gorgeous and can definitely be a staple for this winter season. Unfortunately, I now have about 3 staple winter shades and not enough days in the week to go out and wear them. I might just have to go crazy over Christmas and New Years....

One last note...on my hand it looks very similar to Revlon's 'Cherry Blossom' which I have been pining over for the past month or so. I would love to do a comparison but at £7.50 a lipstick I'm not likely to want to buy it. However, in store they look uber similar - I can't imagine it coming out as dark as this though!

Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment