Saturday 3 November 2012

Winter Coat Fiasco!

Hey guys!

As you all know, winter is approaching. Leaves are falling from the trees and campus looks lovely. Unfortunately, it rains a lot in Norwich and this means that on a daily basis I slip on the soaked leaves on the paths and make a fool of myself. Yes, it is daily (although I don't think I needed the leaves. I'm using them as a scapegoat).

It is getting increasingly colder and I am in desperate need of a new coat. I have too many coats at home but I simply do not like them anymore. This means that I am on the hunt like a falcon for a new coat and, in my opinion, finding a good coat is like finding an amazing pair of jeans - physically impossible!

I have been searching the web for the past few weeks and finally have a short list! However, as a student I have minimal money and all the coats I like are not cheap. Luckily, it is my birthday in just two weeks so I may be able to persuade my mother to get me a coat.

So here is the shortlist!

Dorothy Perkins Black Fur Collar Cape: I have wanted a cape for a few years and I think this may just be the year to get one! I am starting to wear 'slightly' heeled boots and I think they would look rather smashing with this black cape. I'm not too sure about the mix of black wool and brown fur but I guess I'll see how it looks. At the moment this is the lead contender so fingers crossed!

Dorothy Perkins Grey dip dye faux fur jacket: I love fur and studs so this fur jacket would go fabulously with about 70% of my wardrobe. Even better, Topshop are selling a jacket pretty much identical for about £20 more! However, it is such a statement piece that it could just make me look like a yeti...I don't know if I can take that risk.

Dorothy Perkins Berry Fur Trim Coat: This season I am loving this style of coat. I have been thinking about buying a red coat for a while and this does tick all the boxes. I feel like I'd look a little bit like one of the Queen's guards but I could work that. Unfortunately, my bag looks like a very similar colour to the coat and that would look awful. Such a shame.

Wallis Black Fur Collar Tweed Coat: This coat is pretty similar to one I loved from Urban Outfitters. It's cheaper than it's counterpart and is probably a better quality. However, the review doesn't shine a good light on it and I'm not sure the fur collar is large enough (I want it at least half way down the coat). It was 30% off a few days ago and now it is full price I am a bit hesitant in buying it. Why do I have to be so indecisive?

Dorothy Perkins Oat fur shawl textured coat: Same style, different colour. It looks gorgeous on the model but there is one problem - it is cream. I am no doubt going to get trapped in rain and will be splashed by a car so the dry cleaning bills will be astronomical! Why couldn't they do this coat in black?!

Dorothy Perkins Oat Fur collar Cape: It is identical to the black cape but in oat. Same problem as before - it'll get filthy! I think I prefer it in this colour but it will not go with as much of my wardrobe.

So these are my winter coat picks for this year. I am about 80% sure I am going to get the black cape at the moment but I am worried about how warm It'll be. Sure, I'll only be walking in between lectures but what if I go on a 10km hike around Norwich Castle? I'm also going to have to stock up on long sleeved t-shirts and jumpers but strangely...I'm not complaining.

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment