Friday 23 November 2012

Review: Maybelline Falsies Volume Express Mascara

Hey guys!

This is just a quick one but I have a spare ten minutes in between lab work and dying from a god awful cold! I know Maybelline Falsies has been out for ages but I have recently bought it again after a stint with Smashbox's Full Exposure mascara (thank god I ran out). I remember buying the mascara when it first came out and loving it.

The RRP is £7.99 and it is very rare that it is on offer. Luckily, Superdrug have their 3 for 2 offer on so I got three products for £16. I can't really complain about that. Anyway, I love this mascara and keep coming back to it so I thought it really was time I did a review and told everyone how bloody brilliant it is!

The first thing about this mascara is the curved wand. It is still a large applicator but the curve makes it easier to control in my opinion. For example, comparing it with Rimmel's Scandaleyes - half of the mascara was around my eyes from lack of control! I have not had this problem with the application at all with my falsies.

The consistency of the actual mascara is great for me. It is quite runny when it is new, which makes it so easy to put on incredibly quickly. One coat of a fresh bottle will last you all day. After about two weeks or so, the mascara dries out considerably but it is still very usable. It may take slightly longer to apply but I get even less mess when applying it. It takes a lot more layers but in general, the mascara still lasts about two months (for me).

In the plain 'Black' colour, it is very dark. As it is not a smokey black, it looks more natural than perhaps the 'Black Drama' edition of falsies. I find the mascara is very versatile in the fact that if you are pairing it with a smokey eye, it does not look pale in comparison to the rest of the eyeliner/shadow. If it's dark enough for Chanel, it's dark enough for me. (That is a reference to the Chanel eye shadow my flat mate has that I am borrowing way too much. It's such an interesting texture and super pigmented).

Overall, it is a fantastic mascara that I keep coming back to, time and time again. it gives long, full, volumised lashes that do look false - yet natural. It could be improved if the formula could add a little more curve to my eye lashes, but this is fixed with the use of eye-lash curlers before application. This really is a fantastic mascara with great staying power at a reasonable price.

If you are ever stuck on what mascara to get and you want one that will transform your lashes - this is definitely for you!

Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment