Sunday 25 November 2012

Review: L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim in Extreme Black

Hey guys!

I have been in need of a new liquid eyeliner for a while so I splurged a little on this L'oreal liner. Technically it was free due to the 3 for 2 offer - but it usually RRPs at £6.49. I usually get the Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner if I am in need of a liquid liner but as I was spending so much on my other two products, I treated myself just a little bit.

I love the felt tip liners because they are so much easier to control than a normal liquid liner. The tips are usually quite a bit larger as well so it is easier to get the dramatic look I prefer much more quickly than with the tiny nib of a liner pot.

This liner has a very slim, long body. It is easy to hold and only slightly bigger than actually holding an eyeliner brush (like that with gel liners). It is super easy to control. The packaging is quite classic, and I wouldn't be at all ashamed to have this in my make up bag.

The felt tip is quite thin, although much bigger than a liquid nib. It is also loaded with liner. The lightest touch onto your eyelid and liner is present on your eyelid. There is no need to put pressure on your eye to get the liner to come out - in fact the lighter the pressure the more control you have! Because of this, it does mean that you have to get the liner right first time. However, you can do it with pencil and cover that in this liner. A point to mention is that whilst it is still wet (for all of 3 seconds) it does come off very easily so it is seriously easy to fix the liner. Just have some make up remover at hand because after it has dried - it is significantly more difficult to remove in comparison to wet.

The liner does dry relatively quickly. After about 5-10 seconds it is completely dry and will not transfer to the top of your eyelid (I have had this trouble with so many liners!). I recommend trying not to blink for at least 5 seconds just to ensure it is dry enough to not transfer.

As I said before, the nib is relatively slim. It is super versatile - creating tiny feline flicks to the giant flicks that would make Amy Winehouse jealous. It just takes time and a steady hand to get whatever look you'd like.

It is very pigmented giving a good, dark black. It is great alone and with a smokey eye. It also wears very well. I have not tried it during the day, but I applied it at 6pm and it was still very wearable at 3 in the morning (and even at half 12 when I woke up!). It definitely has some staying power

Overall, it is a good liquid liner. It's relatively easy to control once you have the hang of it. It applies evenly and easily to leave a very dark, sharp liner. I would probably buy this product again, although I don't often buy liquid liners. However, I don't think you need to spend that much to get a good liquid liner (as I said before about Collection 2000). It obviously has its perks, such as the quick drying time, but you can get liners equally wearable for a third of the price. If you don't mind spending a bit of money on a liner - go for it! If you are on a tight-budget, you might want to look around for a slightly cheaper liner. You don't need to spend this much to get a good one.

Rachael xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment