Monday 19 November 2012

Update: Birthdays, lab reports and the vampire diaries.

Hey guys!

Again, sorry for my lack of posting. I think I underestimated the amount of work I would be getting this semester. I have had maths tests; lab reports, lab prep, course tests, tutorials and now I need to do my maths coursework! I have been working non-stop for the past 5 days or so I thought I deserved an hour to myself to watch the vampire diaries and do a blog post.

It was my birthday last week! I went home for the weekend to see my family and have a night down Bas Vegas with the gals. I bought a dress from Asos and it was atrocious so I went shopping and bought a new dress in River Island. I also got my cape from Dorothy Perkins (see winter coat fiasco) and I was thoroughly disappointed. It came faulty so I’m sending it right back. What coat did I get in the end I hear you ask? I ended up getting the black tweed and fur coat from Wallis. I feel like a bit of a granny but I can deal with that.

On my actual birthday, I went to ‘a night at Hogwarts’ at the union and if anything it was an utter laugh! I enjoyed being a slytherin for the night. Also, they were selling ‘polyjuice potion’ which consisted of cherry sours, lime vodka and lemonade and it is the best thing! If you ever want to try mixing your own cocktail, try that!

I’m not going to lie, I got some super stuff for my birthday from my friends. Here are just a few bits and bobs:

I got this super cute watch from my flat mates Amber and Valerie. As you know, it was on one of my first wish lists! Man, I'm getting good at making these wish lists come true...

My sister reluctantly gave me this watch for my birthday - she wanted to keep it for herself! I think it is the closest I will get to a Michael Kors watch for a while. The face is rather interesting - it's see-through! It's definitely an interesting detail.

As you can see, my notice board is covered in birthday cards! I really should take them down soon....

This is one of my favourite cards. I don't know why but it's so cute!

I just love this wrapping paper.

As you may, or may not, know, Superdrug have got a 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetics. This is super dangerous for me (see what I did there?) as I think ‘well if I’m buying one £8, I might as well get two more’ even if I don’t need them at all. However, I did spend a good £16 on three products so I will post reviews soon!

Now I'm off to do my maths coursework...wish me luck!

Rachael xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment