Sunday 6 October 2013

Review // Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick 01


Hi everyone!

It is proving very difficult to do uni work, blog and rehearse for my Norwich Fringe show coming up on Thursday. Luckily, I managed to write this post in the 15 minutes before a lecture and take photos on my iPhone. I'd have taken proper photos but - as I said earlier I'm sure - I am currently without an SD card and I just want to wait until I go home in a couple of weeks to search the house for my old one (that could be in the vacuum cleaner for all I know). So yeah, excuse the quality of the photos. I tried my best....

 

I think it has become clear that I am a lipstick addict. I have gone from not even owning a lip balm to having a collection of almost twenty. After almost six months my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation finally ran out. Instead of looking for a new brand (I promised myself I would) I ended up popping into my local super drug and picking up yet another bottle and then searching for another item because guess what- it was buy one get one half price. Any sane person would buy a a second bottle of foundation considering they were only £5 but this is me. In the end I picked up one of the Kate Moss lipsticks in shade 01.

The lipstick is a bright red with a cool under tone. It looks much darker in the tube but it is still a nice color. The packaging is lovely and the price is okay but I think that is as far as I go with this product. It's okay.

The color is nice and it has a nice creamy texture and applies really easily but for me has no staying power. When I wear it on a night out I generally reapply about 4 times - not good. After a few drinks I'm worried I'll just end up looking like a clown! Also it does smudge - a lot.  Oh and it bleeds. I definitely need to invest in a lip liner.

One last thing - it's quite drying. It's not a moisturizing lipstick at all.

It isn't advertised as a moisturising lipstick - I'm just saying.

I can't help but feel like I'm being overly critical of this lipstick but I guess at £5.49 I expect it to be a bit better. Don't get me wrong - it's a nice lipstick but I don't understand why people rave about it. Oh well, I'll definitely get my wear out of it though.
Have you tried this lipstick or any others from the Kate Moss range? Let me know!
Rachael xoxo


Oh, and here is me wearing said lipstick on a night out!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like the perfect colour, and even if it's not moisturising it's probably a good one for a night out as I feel compelled to reapply every time I go to the toilet anyway. The colour really suits you!

    ReplyDelete