Saturday 26 October 2013

AW // Evening dress edit (featuring River Island, Matalan, Very and Sainsbury's)

I'm currently freaking out over the fact that I currently have three lab reports due in and a test in four days so I have used it as an excuse to procrastinate and look at the what is to offer on the high street. Today I have focused on dresses! My birthday is coming up in two weeks and shortly after that it'll be Christmas so I think I'm allowed to look at some of the gorgeous dresses I'll probably never own. These are my top picks for A/W.

Black embellished sleeve bodycon dress: I am a sucker for embellishment. I am a sucker for a little black dress. I love a good long sleeve when it comes to the winter too. Overall - I just love this dress. Even though it is quite short, the high neck and long sleeves make it look uber sophisticated and I just think it's still really sexy. If I see it in store I will 100% try it on and if it looks good I will HAVE to buy it because I am just a little bit obsessed.

Grey check contrast trim tuxedo dress: this dress comes in grey, white and black and it so versatile! You can wear it during the day with flat boots, thick tights and a polo neck jumper. You can wear it in the evening with some black heels and a glitzy clutch. I love the masculine/feminine mix and would wear this to death!

Blue velvet necklace prom dress: I have a little bit of a thing for velvet. Blue also appears to be very on trend this season. I love this shade and the fit and flare is so flattering. It's a tad expensive at £60 but if you have the cash to spend - why not! It's just such a lovely colour! Oh, and the attached necklace looks gorgeous!

Shan dress from Philip by Philip Armstrong: this season Matalan have got a few collaborations with various celebrities and designers. The most recent release is the Phillip Armstrong range. I am in love with the neckline of this dress - it's so different and, again, the dress is so sophisticated. Add some nude heels and red lipstick and you'll be ready to go. Again - it's pricey but it is a designer dress after all!

Colleen plain dip hem tunic: This dress is incredibly similar to a dress I ordered from ASOS last year which didn't fit (at all!) but is much cheaper! I love the simplicity and, you've got it, sophistication of this dress. All you need is some heels/chunky boots, a huge statement necklace and lipstick and you are good to go. Even better - it's only £32 and Very do student discount! If my size comes back in stock I am definitely ordering this. 

Love Label eyelash lace deep v dress: trust me - the dress looks so much lovelier on the model. I love a good lace dress and this really reminds me of Elie Saab but in a much more wearable (and affordable) way. It's simple but has enough detail with the deep v and the lace to not be your bog standard LBD. Oh, and it's only £32 too. Bargain (kind of).

Jacquard 2-in-1 dress: this dress is part of Gok's A/W range for Sainsbury's this year. I saw it in store about a month ago and fell in love. I needed the next size up but it wasn't in stock and still isn't so I will never get this dress. It was so flattering and sophisticated and gorgeous and I wish they had my size. It is 100% worth the £40 price tag and I want it so, so, so, so, so, so much!

So these are my top picks for dresses this season! There are so many out there and I found it so difficult to whittle it down to just 7 dresses. There are just too many dresses and not enough time!

Rachael xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling much blessed to be here and reading your thought provoking blog. It has truly increased my knowledge. I will surely come again and again to overcome my thirst for knowledge.

    ladies clothing wholesale suppliers

    ReplyDelete