Wednesday 16 October 2013

Instagram Update #9

Hello everyone!
Here is another update. It looks like, pretty soon, my blog is just going to end up as Instagram updates of my life. The thing is, it is so quick and easy to post a photo on Instagram and I still have no SD card and I hate taking proper blog photos on my phone - simple as. I can't do any OOTD because I don't have a full length mirror OR any extra time in the morning to sort out a camera with tripod etc. With three 9am starts and 2 10 am starts I already have to leave the house before 8/9 most days. Let me tell you - it's not easy sorting out an outfit in the morning! I only have a small mirror on the wall so I have to stand on my bed and adjust my outfit every morning. If I leave my curtains over one morning I bet any passers-by would be in fits of laughter - it has to be a sight to see!

Anyway - here's my update!

it's definitely sweater weather / such a cute book / thorpe park / full beam / polymer chemistry rocks / the fur is back

1. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it has become a little chilly outside. I have been reaching for cardigans and jumpers every single morning this past week or so. My favourite at the moment is my Primark £6 bottle green cardie. It's really warm and folds up to almost nothing so is perfect to put in my Zara city office bag - whilst one lecture theatre is -3 the next might be at 20 degrees. It's definitely best to be prepared. Oh, and my hair has seemed to become wavy this autumn - I'm loving it!

2. I have a lot of gaps in my timetable this semester. Whilst I do get work done in the majority of them, sometimes you need a break (especially after staring at a powerpoint for one hour that mixes way too many letters, funny symbols and numbers for my liking - I do call one symbol 'squiggle'. I don't know what else to call it - it is just a squiggle!) I also end up getting to uni ridiculously early due to buses being unreliable at the best of times so I am reading books so quickly at the moment. It's amazing what you can do when you have to wake up early. Anyway, I love Autumn Doughton's writing (see review of In This Moment here) so I downloaded 'On an edge of glass' on Sunday evening. Yes - I have finished it. I cannot get over how much I'm like Ellie and I wish I had my life as planned out as she does. Overall, I AM COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK and I think you should buy it and any other book by Autumn Doughton too. Just saying.

3. I got a phone call from one of my best friends on Friday evening at about 9pm saying she had a spare ticket to Thorpe Park the next day. I booked a train home there and then and went home for the weekend. I had a fantastic time at Thorpe Park (even if the car did brake down three times) and the fright night was hilarious. I don't understand why actors like to attack me. I had one guy slap my butt, one person caress my leg, one thing lick me and another get less than an inch away from my face. I promptly told him that if he wanted my number he just needed to ask and he very quickly ran away (I'm not sure the undead should be able to run quickly away - it's a bit of an inaccuracy in my opinion).

4. As I posted about in the last update - I was in a sketch show for the Norwich Fringe. The show - Full  Beam - went really well and I'd say all of our hard work was worth it. I was in rehearsals every evening, had ballet classes, a lab report due in and two tutorials but still managed to get everything done. Yes - I know - I'm impressed too. But yeah - I've done my first full length sketch show and it went well. That's one thing to cross off the bucket list!

5. Exciting news follows - I HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED ONTO THE MCHEM WITH A YEAR IN NORTH AMERICA. I am so excited that I needed to use caps. This time next year - if I get the grades that I need - I will be studying in one of 6 universities in the USA and Canada. I still can't believe I asked to swap course - it's surreal. Considering I need to get 60% minimum in my modules this year the work starts now. I have two lab reports due in next week (one is 7% of my grade for the module! Crazy!) and a course test for 50% of my grade. It is just a tad scary how real this is getting so quickly. I don't know how I've managed to go from being in clearing to doing a masters degree with a year abroad. It's crazy how things happen without you even realising.

6. Lastly - the fur is back. I have missed walking to 9am labs in my huge Primark snood. It's so warm and cuddly and makes walking to the bus stop just that little bit more manageable.

I apologise for this being such a long update - so much has happened in just over a week! I recently tried the new Avon mascara (it's really strange) and I'll do a review when I go home next so I can get some photos. For now, it's time to go back to my lab reports.

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment