Monday 7 July 2014

MUSIC // MONDAY MIXTAPE #3

Hello there you lovely lot!
Here is this weeks mixtape. I've added a couple of guilty pleasures today (in the form of The Vamps and 5SOS). I can't believe I like these songs - but they are so damn catchy!

Right, I'll say it now. The Vamps and 5 Seconds of Summer are not my thing. When I was 14-15 I would have LOVED them but now at 20 I feel like I'm a tad old. It's hard not to hate them when their songs are so catchy. I haven't really DISLIKED any songs The Vamps have released yet. They are definitely a guilty pleasure (I really wish I hadn't shared!) This track is so summery and holiday-ish and ergh...I like it okay!?

On the 5SOS note - I'm not too keen on their other stuff. I just really like this song! I reminds me (maybe a little too much) of So Much I Never Said by Artist Vs Poet and that is childhood right there. I think it's the whole nostalgia thing going on.

I'm still listening to Ed Sheeran's album on repeat (See my review here!). At the moment I'm A Mess is definitely my favourite song - his voice sounds amazing!

Periodically I listen to another song from the TFIOS sound track and I'm loving CHARLI XCX's addition. It's really different to the rest of the tracks (and she is just amazing - just saying!)

That's this week's mixtape - hope you enjoy it!

Rachael xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Great mixtape! I am (unfortunately? Fortunately?) a sucker for the likes of The Vamps and 5SOS, and I'm way older than you, hah! I'm enjoying TFIOS soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!
      I'm going to keep them as a guilty pleasure for a while. I doubt I'll ever have the confidence to actually LIKE The Vamps publicly - it just seems wrong for some reason (but so right?)

      TFIOS soundtrack is sounding pretty good - I just need to see the film now!

      Delete
  2. Cool mixtape, love it! Who doesn't love The Vamps?

    http://www.foodfashfit.com

    ReplyDelete