Monday 9 September 2013

I move back to uni in less than a week!

Hello!
Considering that I am moving into my new house in less than a week I decided that it was time I found some lovely bits for my room. The only reason I was allowed anywhere near Ikea and The Range was because Father wanted a display cabinet. 'What for?' you ask? Well he has subscribed to the Star Trek figurine magazine and wanted a display cabinet to put his little models in. That's right folks - that is the real reason we went to Ikea. I'm not kidding.

Anyway, whilst Ikea was generally uninspiring I could have spent a fortune in The Range. I picked up some lace curtains and a wardrobe rack in Ikea and that's it. This post is about the cute little bits I picked up in The Range.

Here we go!


Firstly I bought this pink rug. It was reduced to just £3.99! It was rude not to. I've always wanted a rag rug and had given up looking for one a while ago. I almost bought a £10 rug from Ikea just moments before and now I'm so glad I didn't buy the first one I saw. The ikea was a pink fluffy rug that was almost neon  - no wonder they had so many left.

I wanted a photo frame for my desk and this one was just £3.99. I thought it was £2.99 but it didn't come up at that price on the till and it's still cheaper than the majority of the Rococo frames you find these days. It's a lovely pearlescent white and now I just need to find a photo to put in it!


I've been on the search for some bunting for a while and never actually got around to pick some up. I was going to make some from fabric scraps on eBay and then I decided to buy some on eBay and then I found this in The Range for £6 (I think). Apparently it is 3m long which is slightly shorter than what I was originally going to order but it is also £2 cheaper so I can't complain. I might have to pick some more up!


This was actually the first thing I picked up in the store. I have floral bed covers with pink cushions and if you haven't guessed I really have gone for a vintage look in my uni room. This was just £3.50 (I think) and I'm going to hang it somewhere and every once in a while write a different inspiring quote on it. Now I just need some chalk for my little chalk board...


I picked this up not knowing how much it was. I intended on asking someone at a till and never did and when it went through as £5 I almost told her to take it off but YOLO - it'll look nice hung somewhere. It is very cute.

So that's it. The Range have some really lovely home bits. I do think the majority of my bedroom accessories are from there (I got 2 duvet covers from there last year!). You really can't beat their prices either.

Have you ever picked anything up from The Range? Do you now intend to visit? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

P.s. I'll do a bedroom tour once I'm moved in. Exciting stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment