Sunday 22 September 2013

Instagram Update #7

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been posting for this past week or so. I've moved into my house for my second year of uni! Wow - a second year of chemistry. If someone said to me four years ago that I'd be doing a degree in chemistry and would actually get onto the second year I would not believe them one bit. However, here we are and I'm actually super excited for lectures to start tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't do a big post showing off my room because I've managed to lose 2 SD Cards (don't tell father) so Instagram will have to do.


My desk is already a mess / I want more bunting / A cheeky souvenir from London / How perfect is that card? / Off to the pub / A cheeky Sunday morning shopping trip

1. As I said, I have moved into my house for university this year. It is so overwhelming actually having bills and having to leave early to get buses and I will have to be 100% more organised this year. At least my iPod will be put to good use. I'm petrified over how difficult the work will be this year. With two physical chemistry modules and one biological module (Yes, I know - I didn't do A Level Biology OR Physics) I do not know how I'm going to cope. Oh, and I've got Headlights too! I think I've come to the conclusion that I will have to be a hermit. Good thing too - I wrote an instruction manual for my english coursework called 'Hermits for Dummies' based on Arcadia by Tom Stoppard. I'll finally get to use it!

2. I've started to decorate my room but it definitely needs some work. I've put up my bunting from The Range (it was £5.50) and now I want more. I think I need a few more cushions and photos. Now I have my student loan I am going to order some polaroid prints and clip them to my bunting I think. Watch this space - I see some DIY posts coming up.

3. I popped into London to see Never Mind the Buzzcocks being filmed. It was the first one of the 27th series and was absolutely hilarious. Considering this info is on Wikipedia I think I can say that I high-fived both John Hannah and Phil Jupitus. I was on the front row right in Noel's eye line and he did keep staring at me - I tried to initiate a staring contest but it failed. Oh, and keep an eye out for me in the beginning. Just do it.

4. How amazing and puuuuurfect is this card? Amber's family came up to visit and I spotted this card in the window and Amber's lovely mother picked it up for me. If I ever go to Amber's I will take a few bottles of wine with me considering we also looked around Norwich Castle, had lunch and afternoon tea. Okay, maybe I need to take six bottles of wine.

5. Last night I popped to the pub on campus for a few drinks. I ended up bumping into a few of my course mates in the end. It just made me really excited to start lectures again (is the pub meant to do that?). Oh, and my full fringe didn't last very long. Why does it grow so quickly? Erghhhhh!

6. Lastly, I popped into town this morning and ended up picking up way too many bits and pieces. My foundation ran out yesterday - how convenient! Rimmel products were buy one get one half price so I also ended up buying the Kate lipstick in 01. It's a nice dark red and I'm excited to try it. I managed to leave the majority of my jewellery collection at home so I picked up a few bits in Primark and Miss Selfridge. The 'R' necklace and neon bracelet were only £1.50 each AND buy one get one free. Such a bargain! Being a 10 minute walk from town is going to be dangerous.

Have you recently moved to/back to university? Have you got any ideas on how I can decorate my room? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

I have one more point that I don't have a photo for. The Headlights Comedy Society - i.e. the society I am social sec for (REPRESENT) - are officially doing the Norwich Fringe Festival. We're doing our first 1 hour long sketch show. Madness! Rehearsals start soon and we have 2 weeks to pull this together. It's madness - complete and utter madness. Wish me luck! If you are living in Norwich please come see us! Tickets are just £5 and we'll try to be funny. Keep looking back for updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment