Sunday 10 November 2013

Instagram Update #10

Tom Odell / lab reports galore / Halloween / Fireworks / Gabrielle Aplin / Catching Fire

1. A few weeks I saw Tom Odell live on campus. Considering I only got two songs at T in the Park, I was so excited to finally see him do a proper set. I was definitely not disappointed. It was such a good night. Hilariousity ensured - I had to take all of my lab work onto campus that day and spent the afternoon in the lab working with PVA (not the glue, but it did smell like it). I put all of my lab books in the library lockers which get emptied at 11pm so had to run to the merch table, bump into my friend and then run to the library to just get my books back on time. If I had lost my books, I'd have lost all of my lab notes which account for about 10% of my grade (ish). Yeah…oops.

2. I don't think it is a real update if I don't go on about how much work I have to do. I went home a couple of weekends ago to see my Aunt and Uncle from Australia and spent the whole of Friday evening, half of Saturday and the majority of Sunday doing work. I felt bad that I wasn't spending time with them but then again a student's got to do what a student's got to do.

3. Obviously, there was Halloween! After about 5 different costume changes, I finally found an idea I could stick with. I found a fancy dress shop in town (that I did not know about) and found the little red cape. It was only £10 with student discount and I paired it with my black velvet dress, white knee high socks and boots. I love Halloween purely because I can get away with dark eyes and a bright red lip and it is a big no-no on the other 364 days of the year. It was a lovely night though.

4. I love fireworks. I went to my first firework display ever last year and I went again this year. My phone was freaking out and I forgot my camera so I ended up just getting a couple of shots like this. I do love going to a firework display and getting a hot chocolate though. Oh, and I finally could wear my furry mittens!

5. On Wednesday I saw Gabrielle Aplin live on campus. Yes, I know right - we have the best student union when it comes to gigs on campus. Apparently they are thinking about getting rid of ENTS and the gigs and if that happens I will NOT be happy. The gigs on campus are one of the best bits about UEA. You can be walking around campus and just bump into a band (like I bumped into one of the guys from Babyshambles - I mean literally bumped into him). But yeah, she was lovely and adorable and now I've been listening to her album non stop!

6. Lastly, I went to go see Thor 2 last night and I just want to say IT WAS AMAZING. I haven't seen the first Thor and I have no clue what Loki did to make everyone hate him so much but I will watch it soon and find out! I think I'm going to be Loki for halloween next year - count on it. So yeah, now I've seen Thor it is time to get excited about Catching Fire. The trailer looks so good and I squealed when it came on in the cinema last night. I got a few strange looks standing next to the big poster and taking a photo but oh well - I'm excited okay!?

So that's my life right now. I've been working on Polymer all day and now it's time to work on some organic considering I have a test on Friday. It would be a bit easier if the heating was working but - oh no - our boiler is constantly breaking. I think this is the 4th time in less than a month? Well that's student living for you!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment