Monday 18 November 2013

Review // Rimmel London Moisture Renew 'As you want Victoria' (360)

Hi there!
I have been a tad cheeky and bought myself a couple of new Rimmel lipsticks recently as part of the 3 for 2 offer going about at the moment. I have been in love with this colour for about a month now and finally got around to buying it this weekend (along with a mascara and second lipstick).




In short - this lipstick is a gorgeous colour but the wear is horrific.

I know that sounds harsh. I'll explain.

The 'Moisture renew' collection is a relatively new release and I only noticed it about a month ago. I saw this colour and fell in love. It looks very similar to 'Cherries in the snow' by Revlon but was a bit cheaper. I have quite a few lipsticks that are really drying so when I saw that this was meant to be a moisturising lipstick I was sold!

It applies really easily and is a really thick, creamy texture. The colour is seriously vivd and looks a little bit Barbie-ish when I get lip marks on my coffee cup. I love the fact that it's a deep, dark pink and is a bit more wintery than my Revlon Lip balm/stain in Lovesick (see review here). I can leave the house in the morning with a bit of foundation and mascara and the lipstick and look seriously put together. It's great.

That is a tad jumbled but you get the idea.

Unfortunately (I hate to say it) this lipstick has no staying power what-so-ever!

I mean seriously - none.

I applied it this morning just before getting on the bus. I had a coffee and 80% of the lipstick was on my coffee cup rather than my lips so I had to reapply. An hour later I had lunch and more of the lipstick was on my baguette than on my lips. I had to reapply. It didn't even leave a base, like the lip balm/stain, that from far away made it look like you had freshly applied lipstick. I just felt really embarrassed that my lipstick had gone and I hadn't realised.

Even worse - it bleeds and smudges like crazy. I somehow managed to come out of my last lecture today with a bright pink beard and moustache. I know it is Movember but still! I was definitely not impressed and my friend was in hysterics for a good 2 minutes.

Sure, all of these problems can be fixed with a good base and top coat. I used lip liner first thing but it didn't really help too much. I think the only way I will be able to really use this lipstick is if I get some Lipcote or something to apply over the top. However, the whole point of the lipstick is that it is meant to be a little moisturising and having to apply a lipstick sealant completely undermines the point of the lipstick.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only lipstick from Rimmel that I have had this problem with. My Kate Moss 01 does the exact same thing so I really think I need to invest in some lipstick sealant to get my use of these lipsticks.

I might be a tad harsh but it is such a shame these lipsticks have no staying power. I know I can definitely not wear it in the lab without somehow getting it all over my experiment (that would screw up my yield wouldn't it!?). I love the colour and will continue to use the lipsticks but I am definitely spending the extra money next time and getting some more of the Revlon lip balm/stains.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make the lipstick stay on for longer? Have you used this lipstick and believe it's actually brilliant and I am being way too harsh? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

p.s. How amazing is Jake Bugg's new album? I thought it might be a bit ergh after his debut but it's so much more upbeat. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment