Thursday 28 November 2013

Review // Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara

Hello there!
I have been using this mascara for about two weeks so I decided it was time I did a little review.
I picked it up as part of the 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug whilst I was having a bit of a Rimmel overload. I decided to save myself a little bit of money and not buy Maybelline's Falsies. I buy it every single time I buy a new mascara and I just wanted to change brands to see if I could find something cheaper that I love just as much - I am a student after all!

Well, here is my opinion!


Scandaleyes Retro Glam: RRP £6.99
Teacup and Saucer: c/o Royal Albert


Like I said, I've been using this mascara for about two weeks now and it is okay. The consistency isn't thick or thin (I really wanted to relate it to viscosity there - it's what I'm working on in the labs at the moment) and it is relatively easy to apply. The brush really is quite large and has the lovely hourglass shape that helps to curl lashes really well. It is much easier to control than the original Scandaleyes - I'll tell you that!

I feel that this mascara formula is quite plastic-y in my opinion and my lashes feel a bit brittle when the mascara is applied. However, it does give relatively good length, curve and volume! I tend to apply two coats of mascara (well one coat that I keep at for a good minute or so) and I find that my lashes tend to clump (see picture below). If you don't put much mascara on and usually just apply one flick and go - this mascara is perfect for you. Before I attempt layering, my lashes are perfectly separated. However, once you try to add other coats they clump.

I said that in a really weird and long winded way didn't I?


As you can see, long, thick lashes with plenty of curve and life. If this is what you want, this is what you'll get. It applies quite cleanly too. That's always a plus.

To sum it up, it's a pretty okay mascara. It feels a bit plastic-y and clumps a little bit but most mascaras do these days. It is quite pricey for Rimmel at £6.99 but it is an okay mascara. Would I buy it again? Probably not - Falsies is only £7.99 so I'll probably spend the extra pound on a mascara I love. I will definitely keep using it though and maybe pick it up again if it's on offer!

Basically - I wouldn't pay full price but I'd happily get it on offer.

Have you ever tried any of the Rimmel Scandaleyes mascaras? Do you like them? Are you going to try one? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

p.s. Ignore the strange face I'm pulling in the picture above and how icky my skin is. I've not touched my make-up all day okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment