Monday 20 January 2014

Review // Insurgent by Veronica Roth

I read Divergent in about 2 days. I read Insurgent in less than 24 hours. I know - crazy right?
I just could not put it down.
I read quite a few reviews before I bought Insurgent and quite a large proportion of people do not like this book. Sure, this series is not the most taxing of read. The story is prettyunrealistic and imaginative but they are still fantastic books. They are original, you really get to know the characters and you just want to be there, involved and going as nuts as everyone else.

Like I said, it took less than 24 hours in total for me to read Insurgent. I could not put it down. There was non-stop action, romance, absolutely ridiculous ideas, utterly brilliant ideas and just something constantly happening.

A lot of the time I just wanted to hit Tris over the head and shake some sense into her.

I think the reason I liked this book so much is that the characters really develop. That is really important to me. If the characters aren't believable or are static I really zone out. But it isn't like that in this book - the characters are fantastic.

Overall, I enjoyed this this book - a lot. I am desperate to read Allegiant but I really don't like paying more than £5 for a book. I read them too quickly! If it is on offer I will be buying it like lighting!

3.5 out of 5 stars

Have you read Insurgent or is it on your read list? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

P.s. I'd love to be able to jump of a train onto a roof. I went to my first BodyCombat class (in true Tris style) and loved it. I still ache (and it was on Thursday) but so so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment