Tuesday 21 January 2014

Review // The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason





I can't believe this is my third book review in 2 days. I might as well just make this blog about books and nothing else!

I don't think I could do that.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I read The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason and here is my review!


the blurb of this book, it promises a lot. Come on, a book somehow connecting Victorian(?)
England, Egyptian legends, time travelling work? Even more, the main characters include Bram Stokers sister and Sherlock Holmes' niece.

Yeah, I know right.

It isn't the most well written novel (it sure isn't badly written) but it was a lot of fun. There were some love triangles in there, plenty of murder mystery for you to get your teeth into and it was constantly moving. I love a good imaginative book but I can't help but feel this was too over extended. I loved the whole time travelling aspect but nowhere near enough time was spent developing it.

Maybe it will get developed in the next book in the series?

Overall, it's a fun book. It is definitely more suited to young adults. If I was 12-14 I would LOVE this book. However, at 20 years old (gasp!) it is just too implausible for me to get my head around. Too much is going on.

3 out of 5 stars

Rachael xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment