Monday 20 January 2014

Review // Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Hi Y'all. Yes, here is another book review.
So far this month (and we are on the 20th!) I have read 9 books. NINE.
Here is my third review!

Nobody is another dystopian young adult novel. I'm not going to lie, once I'd read The Hunger Games trilogy I couldn't stop with the dystopian theme. There is something about it that is so realistic - it could actually happen! - but then again is so ridiculous that you are just engulfed in the flames (or you know, words) and you cannot stop reading.

I'm not going to lie to you - this isn't the best book I have ever read. Of course, it is not at all realistic, the characters annoyed me a little bit and it isn't a piece of literary art. However, there is just something about this book that kept me drawn in.

The story line is fantastic. It was so original. The fact that some people have different energy levels than others, allowing them to be nobodies or nulls, just fascinated me. I guess it was the scientist in me - damn scientific curiosity. What if there were these people roaming around the streets ready to attack you for whatever reason? How would you know?

There is romance, non-stop action and loads and loads of teenage drama. 

I can imagine, that with a few tweaks, this plot of this book would make an amazing movie. It would look so impressive on a big screen.

So overall, it isn't a bad book. I don't regret reading it at all but I am not sure I'd exactly recommend it to anyone. If a friend stumbled upon it and asked my opinion I'd say 'read it - it's not too bad at all'

I think that sums it up.

3 out of 5 stars

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment