Wednesday 12 September 2012

A weekend in Bristol! (Revlon Hazy Swatch)

This weekend I went to Bristol with my parents to get 'uni supplies'. Unfortunately, this literally did mean 'uni supplies' so I got very little in the way of clothing. We came back with so many towels and cans of dry shampoo and notepads that I do feel sorry for my parent's bank balances. However, I did manage to get a few good bits and pieces.

Firstly, I got a lot of nail varnishes.

Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel: 607 Hazy*
NYC In a New York Minute: 228 Chelsea
NYC In a New York Minute: 272 Bowery Black
NYC In a New York Minute: 294 Lexington Yellow**
NYC In a New York Minute: 202 Grand Central Station**

I bought Chelsea and Bowery Black in Superdrug because they are perfect for autumn. They are meant to be quick dry and who knows how much time I'll have to paint my nails once uni starts. At £1.79 it's hard to say no!

However, I got the other three in a pound store. I've never had much luck when sifting through the branded make up in the shops near me but I managed to strike gold this weekend. I paid £1 for Hazy which is a quick drying mid-grey. It is very similar to NYC's Sidewalkers and I ran out of it ages ago. I couldn't help but pick it up! Tesco online are still selling it for £6.50 but I haven't had a chance to look for it in Superdrug. I suspect it was a discontinued colour.

(Revlon 607 Haze tipped with NYC 272 Bowery Black. Ignore the french tips. I did them quickly because I only have work tonight and my nails always chip)

It took a while to get used to the brush and consistency of the polish. It started to dry really quickly and on the first coat left brush marks. However, with a thicker second coat it has dried quite smoothly. It was quite easy to apply tidily too. I had very minimal clean up (that's good).

At even better value, I got both Lexington Yellow and Grand Central Station for £1! I have heard amazing things about the GCS top coat and Lexington Yellow is so bright. I'm not quite sure I'll be using it for a while considering it isn't an autumn colour but for the top coat alone it was good value. I don't mind paying £1 for two nail varnishes.

I did get some really cute bits including:

A Minnie Mouse bath scrunchie(?) I hear you ask? It is gorgeous! Well done Primark!

I've had my eye on this book for a while. At £4.50 it is expensive but it is one third plain (drawing structures), one third squared (for maths), and one third lined (for notes). It is perfect for chemistry if I do say so myself so my dad bought it for me. It's the closest I'll get to the two sided book from Typo and I can't wait to use it (oh dear).

I saw this dress on my first day when I popped into town to see where I wanted to go the day after. However, I couldn't believe this dress was only £15 and there were only 5-6 there which were mostly sizes 10 and 14. This one was there and I couldn't just leave it. I love the flocked top and it fits the baroque trend that's huge this winter. I wish I could wear it as a day dress but I might get a few funny looks. At least my halloween costume is sorted!

Bristol is a lovely city. The shopping is pretty good and Cabot Circus is amazing. I would go shopping there again but the shops seem to be smaller than they are here in Essex/London. I don't know if our shops are just abnormally large or that everywhere else shops just are smaller. Well, I guess I'll find out sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment