Wednesday 12 September 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain LOVESICK vs. NYC Ultra Last Lipwear BLUE ROSE

(Left: NYC Ultra Long Wear in Blue Rose Right: Revlon: JBKBS Love Sick)

Here are the swatches for Revlon's Balm Stain in Lovesick and NYC's Long Wear lipstick in Blue Rose. After searching various Superdrug stores I finally found the NYC lipstick! I must have been to at least 5.

The main difference is that the Revlon balm stain looks sheer on my hand. However, when on your lips this sheerness disappears with a few layers of product. The Revlon stain is much more versatile because of this. You can have your lips barely pink, obnoxiously pink or even layer the balm over another lipstick.

Both are meant to moisturise and I'd say that the NYC lipstick doesn't moisturise for as long. However, Blue Rose is £1.49 whilst Lovesick is £7.99. To be honest, you could buy some Vaseline and put that on overnight so you have soft lips for the lipstick. You'll still have paid less than half the price for something that looks incredibly similar.

Blue Rose has a stronger blue undertone than Lovesick. The blue flecks are very visible giving it more of an evening look. I still do wear it during the day, but it is a very bold, bright pink that I am sure many would run screaming from when they saw it before 12pm.

I've been playing around with Blue Rose and I think it wore best when layered on top of Lovesick. As it is a cheap lipstick it can run a bit and I hate lipliners. However, with lovesick underneath, the stain acted as a lipliner and the lipstick didn't run at all. Therefore, I might continue to use Blue Rose on top of Lovesick to pro-long my precious Balm Stain's life. I doubt I'll have the money to replace an £8 lip stain but I can do without a coffee one day.

I think my advice would be to buy Blue Rose if you already have Lovesick or are interested in buying it and are unsure if you can pull off a bright pink. I personally love both lip products and would recommend either. The Revlon Balm Stain is more versatile and has a better consistency and isn't as much of a block colour either but it is on the expensive side (for a student) and if you wanted a new lip colour that is cheap and cheerful I'd go towards NYC any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment