Sunday 2 September 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Lovesick

That is a bit of a mouthful isn't it?!

Well, I have seen various reviews online raving about these new balm stains and about a month ago I caved in and bought one myself. Luckily, they had an introductory price of £5.99 so I didn't have to fork out the whole £7.99. However, in my eyes, it is completely worth the £7.99 price tag.

I first saw this lip stain on the advert whilst browsing on tumblr. I love Emma Stone and fell in love with the lipstick in the picture (below) so did some serious searching to find out what she was wearing. Hence, I came across these balm stains

My first point, this balm stain is definitely a balm and a stain.When you first apply it, it is quite glossy and moist with plenty of shine. It also has a slight peppermint smell but that fades away quite quickly (it reminds me of the Philosophy Big Mouth but without the painful sting of the plumper). I cannot make this point enough: it does stain! The balm side of this lip stain can resist a meal and drink and usually lasts about 4 hours whilst i'm wearing it. After the balm is gone, the bright pink of the stain remains behind. At a glance, strangers would see a freshly applied gloss!

The stain lasts for ages. If I put it on at 10am, by 11pm when i go to sleep the stain will still be on my lips (although patchy). It definitely needs to be taken off over night unless you want to look like a clown in the morning. Also, the more times you re-apply, the harder it is to remove. I know that sounds obvious but i just thought I'd put that out there. You never know? I wore it the whole weekend at Reading and just kept layering. When I came home I had to scrub my lips down to get rid of the majority of the pink! (it was 5 days of constant wear)

As this is part balm, it can be applied quite sheerly. I usually put 2/3 layers of the balm to get the bright pink I love. It is super easy to vary the opaqueness of the colour from barely there to loud and obnoxious. Just keep layering up.

Many are comparing this to the Clinique Chubby Stick. I am a student and could never afford a £16 lip balm. However, having a look at swatches, there doesn't seem to be a colour remotely similar. The only comparison I can make is that the packaging is almost identical (how shallow?)

Overall, I absolutely love this balm stain! It lasts for ages, is a gorgeous colour and I get so many compliments on it (including from my managers at work. I expected to be told to take it off!) However, I am a tad worried about it running out. Like I said, I'm a student and at £7.99 a pop I doubt I will be able to afford another one once I've moved out and living in Norwich. However, I've been looking around online the NYC Ultra Last Lipstick in Blue Rose looks very similar. When I manage to get hold of it I'll show the swatches. It may not have the staying power of the Revlon stain but at £1.49 I know I'll be able to afford it!

No comments:

Post a Comment