Friday 5 July 2013

OOTD // Then the walls of my town, they came crumbling down

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in almost a week! I have been doing absolutely nothing but going to supermarkets, reading Pride and Prejudice and watching awful films on Netflix. I want to do a few posts but with my Macbook playing up it is just such an effort to take photos and upload them. Tesco gave my mum a "£2 off when you buy an SD card" so I think that this is a sign that I need to get a new SD card for my camera. Pointless story over...here's my outfit!


Blouse - Primark
Chiffon midi - Matalan (here)
Leather satchel - a boutique in Florence 
Studded Pumps - Topshop (last year)
Necklace - Primark

I bought this blouse in Primark just after Christmas and I have worn it to death! The top is so pretty with its floaty sleeves that I bought another one in black as well. It just fits really well and was only £8 - cheap as chips!

I recently bought this skirt - about a week ago - and I love it. It's comfy and looks cute with blouses and vest tops and band tees and it was only £14 (plus student discount!) It has now been reduced to £10 so if you want to get it, do it quick! I was walking back home today and almost had a Marilyn Monroe moment on my road (it's pretty busy) but it has quite a tight lining so a fiasco was averted thankfully.

I remember the day I bought these shoes fondly. I had gone up to London to shop the sales on Oxford street and bought 1 thing in the sales - ONE THING! That one thing was my Jack Wills scarf that I wear to death in the winter because it is a good 3m long and just gorgeous. It was still £30 - but i've worn it way more than 30 times. It has lasted two winters and I think it will last a couple more.

Anyway, the shoes! I picked them up in the Oxford Street Topshop and two days later they sold out online. I have worn these shoes to death and they are more or less ruined. However, they don't look too bad and they are super comfy and I still love them! I wish they still made these pumps but they obviously don't and it makes me sad. I just can't find a pair of pumps I like as much as these.

My necklace is from Primark and only cost £4. I love a bit of neon at the moment, and this necklace is a super simple way of adding it to an outfit without looking crazed. I can't believe my leather satchel is now 4 years old (or is it 5 years old?)! I wanted a satchel in Year 10 when nowhere on the high street was selling them. My parents went on holiday to Florence - without me I might add - and they came back with this gorgeous bag for me! It was exactly what I wanted. I am still using it like mad, even though it is definitely worse for wear. It's an interesting colour and I still get so many compliments on it. I think I should probably get it fixed though.

So yeah, that's my outfit today! Oh, and did I mention I am seeing Mumford and Sons (and Ben Howard) tomorrow afternoon? Yep, I am super excited! I can't wait! That explains the lyrics for today at least.

Rachael xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I love those shoes! The more studs, the better! I followed you with GFC and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back! Win a pair of eyeglasses or sunglasses from Firmoo!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete