Saturday 3 August 2013

Oh dear, I've been shopping again.

Hello there! This is just a quick post of some of the things I've treated myself to this past month (excluding T supplies!). I said I was going to cut down on my shopping and I have - a lot! Well, kind of. Anyway, here we go!



Technically, my Dad bought me my ballet shoes. I visited a local dance shop just to try on a pair so I knew what size to order online but I ended up buying a pair on the spot. I will tell you now, unless you have had the shoe before it is impossible to buy a pair of ballet shoes online! I ended up with a 7.5 when I am a size 8 in street shoes. Ballet shoes smaller than your street shoe? Who has heard of that before? As you can see, my shoes are incredibly dirty after just one lesson. I wish I hadn't worn my jazz trainers in my first class because they gave me, what looked like, amazing core strength and balance. We were standing in an arabesque for about 2 minutes and I didn't falter because my jazz trainers had a heavy base that stabilised me. Now I'm in ballet shoes - which are basically socks - and I have the core strength and stability of a 3 year old. It's embarrassing! I'd best get practicing.
I popped into Sainsbury's this morning to get myself out of the house. I was in need of a couple of new notebooks - one for my stand up material and anything else that would be good for my second year at uni - and was complaining about how expensive stationary was. Who is going to spend £5 on one notebook? Not this girl! However, just as I was about to leave, I saw that a large selection of their notebooks were, in fact, buy one get one free! This meant that I picked up this gorgeous floral A4 book and the soft cover A5 book for my stand up (that looks like a Moleskin - but who can afford a Moleskin?). However, when going through the till I realised that the A5 book went through at £2.99 instead of £4.99 so I went back and bought 2 more. Sure, I don't need three notebooks of the same pattern but they were so gorgey and cheap! I'm sure I can find a use for them. Basically, I am a sucker for stationary and if it is cheap I can't resist. 
About a week ago I finally bought the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent. I have started a new skin care regime with a new moisturising primer which can make my skin very shiny! This powder does the trick and instantly I have gone from a wet fish to a mattified wet fish. I am very impressed and a review is to come!
I picked up this cardie in Primark as it was only £12. It is really comfy, fluffy and warm but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's okay, but I'm not sure I like the stripes. I'll have to decide.
Lastly, here is a close up of the printed kimono I bought from H&M. You can't see it too clearly in my OOTD post (here) and it looks very different from the one on the website colour-wise. I am so happy I bought this - it is probably my best buy of the month!

And there we go! 

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment