Saturday 3 August 2013

OOTD // But I know, I know, I know I know that you're gonna be okay anyway

Hi guys, I haven't posted an outfit in a while! It seems that I am just recycling outfits that work at the moment. I'm not leaving the house much other than for driving lessons and who dresses up for those?

Dress: Peacocks (in 2011!)
Kimono: H&M (here)
Converse: via Very (now avaliable from Office)
Nail varnish: Barry M Gelly in Blueberry (here)




There is a story behind this dress. I did both Reading and V Festival in 2011. I found out at V that maxi skirts were not a very good idea at a festival even if the weather is glorious. Unfortunatley, what was 25 degree heat turned into a thunderstorm and I was soaked through in my maxi so had to go change and Chris was not impressed that we missed Bruno Mars. I was in town the week between and found this little dress in the sale for £13. This may sound unimpressive but please remember - THIS WAS IN 2011. Am I ahead of trends or what? I can't believe that Peacocks would make something like this. It was the embellishment on the top that I loved and so I bought it. Unfortunatley, I didn't even wear it to Reading because the weather was absolutely appauling (if anyone can remember) and so it has hung in my wardrobe for 2 years with the tag still on - unworn.

This kimono was part of my H&M wishlist (here) and when I went into town on Thursday I saw it in the window. There was one left in a size 16 and it fitted perfectly! I am glad I managed to get one in store because I was going to order the size 20 and that would have been way too big. It just feels like fate when you pick up the last one in the store and I am so happy I finally have myself one. I can't believe it has taken me this long to find a kimono I like but I feel this will definitely be a staple in my wardrobe this A/W.

Interesting fact - I have layered by Barry M Gelly with my Sinful Colours 'Just you wait'. Because of the green/gold shimmer in the top coat it has become this lovely sheeny, bluey green which I love!

That's my outfit today - cheerio!

Rachael xoxo

(p.s. Ignore the awful quality of the photos. I think my iPhone camera lens needs a clean).

(p.p.s. I am obsessed with Haim right now and have been listening to them non-stop all week. Their song 'The Wire' is so catchy and summery. I love it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment