Saturday 3 August 2013

OOTD // Let's work

Hi, these are a couple of old photos that I took about a month ago. I had a job interview to work at my local Topshop and unfortunately I didn't get the job. I'm not surprised at all - but at least I got an interview! I thought the interview went really well but I am definitely not Topshop size and I'd only be there for about 2 months. With those two points going against me I wasn't expecting anything from it but it's all experience! I go on holiday next week so at least I haven't had the stress of trying to book it off!


Pencil skirt - Matalan
Blouse (worn as waistcoat) - River Island A/W 2012
Boots - Primark
Necklace - Topshop
Lipstick - Elf Studio Matte in Tea Rose


I don't shop in Topshop very often. It is expensive and as a student, I don't have that much money to spend on pretty dresses and shoes. I see Topshop as a place to get statement pieces and basics. I don't understand how people have a whole wardrobe from Topshop. One, how can they afford it?! Two, although there is so much variety I can't help but feel that it's just slaving to the brand. Of course Topshop is going to work with other Topshop items. If you could make it work with Primark, I'd be a bit more impressed.

For a job interview, my first thought was that I needed to look professional and presentable. However, I was conflicted with the part of my brain saying 'HEY, IT'S TOPSHOP! I NEED TO LOOK TRENDY'. Even more so, I needed to wear something Topshop just to prove that I did like the brand. Like I said, I use Topshop for basics and statement pieces and I own nothing that could possibly be worn for a work interview. In the end I chose a black pencil skirt (identical to one they sell) and a long, two layer blouse I bought from River Island and wore it as a waistcoat. 

Accessory wise, I layered the Topshop Eagle necklace with an old chain of pearls that I have had for as long as I can remember. I've been wearing it to death recently. I just paired it with my new Primark boots that cost me £18 because they were probably the least scuffed pair of shoes I own and voila. Outfit done.

I wasn't originally going to post this, but I thought 'why not?'. It's an outfit I'll end up wearing time and time again (although maybe not to a work interview) and I was going to upload it eventually. So here it is!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment