Saturday 24 August 2013

Haul Time // Primark and Matalan

After not shopping for over 2 weeks (I know right) I finally made it to Lakeside to get my shop on. I managed to only spend about £30 and I am very proud of that. However, I also managed to pop into my local Matalan store and take advantage of the further reductions. Here are a few of the things I picked up!


This is my new favourite top. It cost just £7 in Primark and is the tackiest thing I have in my wardrobe right now. It reminds me of the party dresses I used to have when I was little (I was a total 90s child) and I couldn't not pick it up. Chris hated it but it is such a flattering top and it looks lovely with a pair of jeans and my new H&M kimono. I love love love love love it!

I also picked up an extreme dip hem skirt from Topshop. It was in the sale for £12 so was only £10.80 with student discount. I tried to get a nice photo of it but failed (it doesn't photograph well) but I can't wait to wear it next semester at uni. I can dress it up and down and, as I said, it was super cheap!

How amazing are my new pyjamas? I am in need of a couple of new pairs and I saw these and HAD to buy them. They consist of a pair of leggings and an oversized top and they are so comfy and cool. They even glow in the dark! I am obsessed with them and cannot wait to wear them. I might go get Sulley fluffy slippers and wear them in the lab - they are that comfy!

This is just a cute, cheap necklace for when I don't need to wear a big statement necklace. It was only £2.50 and I can just shove it on in the lab or when I'm in need of a simpler necklace. Yes, there are still spikes on it. You can't stop me wearing spikey jewellery. 

These next few items are from Matalan. I was trying not to spend money but you really can't argue with the prices! Here we go!
First off is a pair of cute, cupid cameo earrings.

You can't say no to a pair of triangular earrings. The inner hipster in me is coming out.

I love a good pair of cross earrings. I usually go for the small £4 ones from Topshop but I thought these ones were much more interesting. They are lighter and much larger. At only £1 I could not resist!

Every girl needs a pair of pearl earrings. These were just 50p! Again, it was rude not to! I was so tempted to pick up two pairs because I loose earrings like nobody's business. However, my good deed of the day was to let someone else get a pair of these stupidly cheap earrings.

Lastly is this 2-in-1 jumper. I have this in the pink and white and LOVE it. It is one of those items that you shove on in the morning when you're in a rush and you still look put together. I wasn't originally going to buy this but at only £4 it doesn't really matter what happens to it. I'm not too keen on the colour but it'll look okay with black or blue jeans. I think I'll make it one of my new lab tops...

So that's it! Have you picked up anything from the sales? Do you have anything pictured? Let me know?

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment