Sunday 4 August 2013

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent

Hi there! I have been using this product for the past week and LOVE it. I know that it is mentioned time and time again on every blog under the sun but I thought I'd give my view. In a nutshell - I love it and can't believe I have put off buying it for so long. 
My flatmate has used this powder for years. I don't use pressed powder normally. I usually have really dry skin and for the past 3 years or so have been more interested in that dewy look. The Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep foundation created the perfect base which was dewy but definitely not shiny. It got discontinued (and I still haven't stopped going on about it) and all the foundations that I have found give a similar effect but it's not the same.

My skin is usually really dry and with my new skincare routine I have managed to change my skin from too dry to almost too oily! By that, I mean my primer makes my skin really shiny if I don't give it enough time to sink in and then I look like someone has just splashed me in the face with a bucket of water. However, this powder fixes this problem! This means that if I can't be bothered to give my primer 2-3 minutes to sink in, I can just quickly dab a bit of powder over the top and I am no longer shinier than a pair of freshly polished Docs. 


As you can see, kind of, I have actually used this product! Usually I try something for a few days and then never use it again but I have not put this down! I can't believe how well it works considering it only costs £3.99! It works almost as well as the Soap and Glory pressed powder (that comes with the concealers) and is under half the price!

Overall, I love this! I really can't believe I put off buying this for so long!

Have you used this powder? Do you love it? Have you found anything that works better? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment