Tuesday 10 June 2014

Goodness Gracious....

I'm going to miss Norwich.
I was so lucky to get a place at UEA two years ago and now there is quite a high (well kind of) chance that I will be spending next year in Canada, studying at UBC. Although both universities have abbreviations of three letters I know that it is going to be a huge change if I do go. I'll have really moved out...well moved country! I cannot just pop home for the weekend if I want to go see my cat or it's my friend's birthday. It's crazy to think that in three months time I'll be living over 8 hours away by plane.

Anyway, on my final day in Norwich me and the girls decided to wander about the lanes and have a cup of tea. There is no better way to go out in style than with vintage tea pots and freshly baked victoria sponge cake if I do say so myself.


I think Biddy's Tea shop is my favourite in Norwich. The whole place is so cute and every time you go you end up sitting somewhere different and seeing yet another ornament or book you hadn't seen before. I picked up the raspberry and almond sponge (which was pretty yummy) and washed it down with black vanilla tea. Each person gets their own (huge) tea pot which makes is fantastic value. I think I must have had 6 cups of tea!

Unfortunately it was pretty busy so we didn't get a seat straight away. I was pretty hungry and we ended up popping into the Grosvenor Fish Bar. I have to say - they were the best chips I have ever eaten!


I cannot believe I have lived in Norwich for two years and never gone in and actually tried them. It's much cheaper than going to Nandos! The actual dining area is in an underground cave and I was in shock it even existed. The only reason we popped in was because we'd overheard the chips were good. I now don't think I'll ever stop going. If you are ever in Norwich and want some chips, leave McDonalds alone and just go to Grosvenor's. You will not regret it!

So that was my final day in Norwich. Well it was. I'm now going back on Thursday because apparently I miss it that much (or the girls forgot to take a meter reading for the gas and electricity - that can force a spontaneous trip to Norwich too).

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment