Wednesday 25 June 2014

WISHLIST // ASOS Swimwear

My third instalment of my weekly posts: Wishlist Wednesdays (I know I've taken this alliteration thing too far!)

I'm going on holiday in a little over a month and am in desperate need of some new swimwear. I'm not the smallest girl in the world and so do not want a skimpy bikini that would leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. That lead me on a hunt looking for as many swimsuits and high waisted bikinis (that aren't ridiculously expensive or horrifically frumpy). I had to look at ASOS and managed to add almost £200 of swimwear to my basket. How am I going to choose?!


ASOS CURVE Highwaisted Bikini Pant in Wide Stripe: I'm not going to lie - I like a Beetlejuice stripe. River Island released a very similar bikini earlier in the year and it sold out before I could buy it. Now ASOS have got it in both their CURVE and original ranges and I'm in love. It is a bikini, but the bottoms are high enough waisted that hopefully only a few inches of stomach on show - perfect. The set is £32 - It's pricey but I'm tempted.

ASOS CURVE Highwaisted Bikini Pant: How beautiful is that colour? The ruching should hide a multitude of sins and the dark red would hopefully not make me look like a tomato if I get burnt. This one is only £28 and is also available in black. I know Matalan do a pair of bikini bottoms very similar although I don't think they are as high waisted. I might have to have a look.

ASOS Cupped Stripe Bandeau Swimsuit: Yep, more Beetlejuice stripes. I don't know if it looks more referee (but I could try and work that). The vertical stripes should hopefully be pretty slimming it has a structured bust which would make me feel a lot more comfortable. For £24 it is slightly more affordable compared to my other picks but just as nice.

ASOS Cupped Mesh Insert Bandeau Swimsuit: I don't know if it's obvious that I like black swimwear. This is a simple black swimsuit but the mesh detailing makes it that bit more special. It's a bit revealing but in all the right places. At £28 it isn't a bad price - but I don't know.

ASOS Textured Square High Waisted Bikini Pant: How lovely is the detailing? They are plain but I love the square texture. They don't have the top in my size but I do like the bottoms. So cute! 

ASOS Caged Moulded Triangle Bikini Top: I am loving caged bikini's at the moment. Unfortunately the bottoms are teeny weeny but as the top is black, hopefully any high waisted bottom will match. It's a little revealing and would give very strange tan lines but I love it none the less! A girl can wish.

So that's my ASOS swimwear wish list. They have such a wide selection for relatively affordable prices. Sure, you can get much cheaper swimwear but it's not always nearly as lovely.

I just cannot decide which set to get (if any!?). Have you ever had ASOS swimwear? Do you have as many issues as me getting swimwear? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

7 comments:

  1. These are all so gorgeous! I wish I had a holiday booked so I could do a bit of swimwear shopping!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to choose from on the high street - I don't even know where to start!

      Delete
  2. I don't shop in ASOS often as we don't have it here in Croatia but I love it. All of the swimwear you chose are amazing! I have to buy one for this summer so the post sure helps a lot :)
    xx
    Mia


    http://ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so tricky to buy swimwear with so much choice out there - good luck!

      Delete
  3. I love high waisted bikinis soo much! I wish I was going on holiday this year!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the fact so many are about this year, ASOS, Topshop, New Look and H&M have got them in. There are too many bikinis and not enough time to book holidays to wear them!

      Delete
  4. The wide stripe bikini is stunning! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete