Monday 16 June 2014

Introducing: Music Monday

Hey y'all (yes, I went there).
I've decided I want to post much more regularly than I have been. Therefore, I am introducing three weekly posts this week starting with MUSIC MONDAY. I absolutely love making playlists (I think one of my dream jobs may be being a Radio 1 DJ) and I've made a few playlists in the past so now it's time to make this a weekly thing!

Hope you enjoy!


Radio 1 have been playing Heart and Soul a lot recently and it got Twin Atlantic their highest chart position to date. I'm not surprised - I absolutely love the verses and bridge (I just ignore the chorus). 

I have been going on about Amber Run on twitter and instagram for a while. They are absolutely amazing and I love their Spark EP. The harmonies are perfect and I did not stop listening to it during exam season. It's just £1.99 on iTunes and absolutely stunning. It is definitely the best EP I've downloaded all year. Give them a listen - they are going to get big (and quick!)

Every once in a while I get obsessed with Heads Will Roll - this is one of those times.

Work has now got some new music in - including Sing. I found myself singing and dancing to it in the fitting rooms the other day. Slight oops.
Lastly is Hudson Taylor's new single Battles. Hudson Taylor are my little obsession right now and I wish I had seen them in London a few weeks ago.I keep watching life videos online and it just makes me so impatient to see them! I cannot wait to see them at Reading Festival in August - I will make sure my shift doesn't overlap as if my life depends on it!

Have you been loving these songs recently or intend to have a listen? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo


2 comments:

  1. When I first heard Heart and Soul, I was so disappointed, it seemed far to pop for Twin Atlantic. It's definitely grown on me now and I actually really like it, but yeah, the chorus isn't brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed on first listen too. It started out so well and then the chorus was just a bit of a let down. I've definitely gotten over that now :)

      Delete