Friday 27 June 2014

OOTD // Hudson Taylor at the Kings Cross St Pancras Renaissance Hotel

Last night I was ever so lucky to win tickets to see Hudson Taylor live at The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London as a warm up to their set at Glastonbury today. I've been a fan of Hud Tay for at least two years now and have never had the chance to see them. I'm so glad that I have finally had the opportunity - they were absolutely fantastic live!


 

Dress: Matalan (here)
Kimono: H&M (here)
Boots: New Look (old - similar here)

I apologise for this outfit being very similar to that I posted last. I had about three hours notice to head up to London and just wanted an outfit that was simple and would work and was comfortable. The weather was all over the place and I just gave in and put the kimono on in case it got cold. This kimono is my favourite that I own. It's just so gorgeous - I can't stop wearing it!

It was such a gorgeous hotel. I was in complete awe. With ultra high ceilings and a gorgeous little seating area in the lobby and vintage furniture everywhere I just wanted to stay all evening. We were greeted by four lots of security and door staff! As soon as I got in I was greeted by a free cocktail (I could get used to this) and a DJ set before Kimberly Anne came on stage.

Kimberly Anne was very good live! I'd never heard of her before but she is absolutely fantastic so go and check her out! Her EP Hard as Hello was released little over 2 months ago and it's sounding good. She's also playing London soon so if you are in the area go check her out!


Of course, Hudson Taylor were brilliant. Their harmonies were spot on and overall they were just fantastic live. They played quite a few tracks from their new album which (apparently) they are just finishing up at the moment. I can't wait to hear it - I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

So that was my evening seeing Hudson Taylor. Have you seen them live or really want to? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

3 comments: