Thursday 30 May 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish Review – Greenberry



This is the final nail varnish from the Gelly Hi-Shine collection I have to review. I have been very happy with the other two (See reviews on grapefruit and blueberry) and I am quite happy with this one too. They are a lovely collection of nail varnishes.



Greenberry is a very vivid, almost neon, turquoise (but more green than blue). When buying it I expected more of a paler mint colour. I don’t understand why I expected that, but I did, so I was insanely shocked when I first applied it. However, it is a very lovely colour that I will definitely wear again.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Greenberry: exactly how it looks in the bottle

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Greenberry: I have never heard of a 'greenberry'

I found this was the least easy to apply of the three varnishes that I have. The first layer was very streaky and after the second coat I still needed a third to make it opaque. You cannot get away with two coats of this polish unless you do two thick coats (which will dry less quickly and knowing my luck I’d smudge them and have to redo them).

The staying power of this polish is amazing! I took these photos 4 days after application and I only have a couple of small chips on my thumb. I cannot believe how well the varnish has lasted considering I haven’t applied a base or top coat.

With the 3 layers there is quite a high shine look without a top coat. It doesn’t look like a Shellac manicure but it does look lovely and shiny (but don’t all Barry M polishes?).


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Greenberry: It is a very green turquoise - definitely not mint! (no flash)

           Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish in Greenberry: it really isn't this green! (with flash) 


If I have one problem with these varnishes (and this is not only Greenberry but Blueberry and Grapefruit too) is that they crack. From afar it is not visible from afar but if you look closely you can see little black cracks. It doesn’t cause the polish to peel off or leave gaps, it just has this little crack effect which annoys me.

Overall, this is a lovely polish that is a perfect colour for summer. If you change your polish often then you probably won’t see the cracking in action. Like I said it isn’t overly visible – it just annoys me a little bit.

Have you used any of the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes? What are your views? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment