Saturday 18 May 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish – Grapefruit review




 I love a good nail varnish. At the moment I am loving high shine, ultra glossy varnishes that are easy
and quick to apply but look even just a little bit like an expensive manicure (that I obviously can’t
afford. I’ve eaten pasta and cheese for dinner the past 3 days in a row). In Superdrug’s 3 for 2 offer I
picked up 3 of these Barry M nail varnishes that are apparently meant to give an ultra glossy finish.


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish: Grapefruit - definitely a pinky coral

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish: Grapefruit

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish: Grapefruit


Grapefruit is a very pinky coral. It is perfect for summer – as are the majority of the Gelly collection. It is bright and pigmented and just an overall beautiful colour. Colour wise – you can’t fault it.

These polishes are supposed to be one coaters apparently. I used two – the first coat was very streaky. However, if you use two thick coats you get a nice, thick effect that actually looks a little bit plumped. I want to try it out with my Nails Inc. Plumping Top Coat and see if that improves it more so.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish: Grapefruit - without flash

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish: Grapefruit - with flash


The staying power is reasonable. I’ve had it on for 2 days and it has had very minimal chipping without a top coat.  By that, I mean it hasn’t chipped enough for me to start picking it off further and feel the need to remove it. It says you don’t need to add a top coat but that might help with longevity – but I’d personally use an ultra-shine top coat as to not ruin the shine of the polish itself.

Overall, it’s a lovely polish in a lovely colour that applies reasonably well. I have a lot of Barry M nail varnishes and recently, I have been ignoring them and been buying more expensive brands such as Revlon and Nails Inc. However, it seems that my Barry M varnishes are lasting longer than the more expensive counter parts. Who’d have thought?

Have you used these new Gelly varnishes? What are your thoughts? What are your favourite colours from the collection? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment