Wednesday 22 May 2013

Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Polish Review - Blueberry

This is the 2nd polish that I bought from the Barry M Gelly range. It is a lovely periwinkle blue which is super cute for summer. I have recently bought a few blue varnishes (and a few navy dresses?!) of varying shades because the China blue and toile trend is huge this summer. This is a perfect colour to fit this trend.

Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Polish in Blueberry - a beautiful periwinkle blue



Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Polish in Blueberry - it looks exactly how it does on the bottle on my nails (I like that)


Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Polish in Blueberry - perfect for summer (I wouldn't risk it in the winter)

Like Grapefruit, Blueberry gives a high shine look without a topcoat. However, the formula does seem to be different. It took 3 good coats to get an opaque look with Blueberry – it only took 2 with Grapefruit. Also, it doesn’t last as long without chipping. One day and I had a chip. Yes, it was small but all I did was walk to the square and back - hardly strenuous work! 


Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly Nail Polish in Blueberry - Layer it under the top coat of the Revlon Moon Candy in Galactic. The blue/silver/purple/green flecks look super cute!

Overall, this nail varnish is a lovely colour that fits in with the summer blues trend (once we get a summer). I quite like it layered under the moon candy topping from my Revlon Moon Candy in 'Galactic' as seen above. Again, Barry M have made a polish with a beautiful colour that is cheap as chips (well, £3.99).

Have you tried this particular nail varnish? Which is your favourite from the Gelly range? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

(p.s. I started watching Gossip Girl season 1 this afternoon. I am loving it! I will never stop with the xoxo ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment