Thursday 30 May 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation review - Ivory (110)

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory: Small bottle and no pump...really?

I know this is a bit late. I wrote this review back when the foundation was just released and forgotten to take pictures (for 2 months!) But here it is!


Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory: Light and ultra moisturising


I have a problem. I have an addiction to Revlon products. I’ve not kept this a secret but I seriously need to stop.

I have heard so many good (and bad) reviews of the Nearly Naked foundations. Emma stone is advertising it so of course I had to try it! Every product that has featured Emma Stone in the advert has suited me so I thought this might too. I am undecided.

I was undecided on whether to buy Ivory or Vanilla. Ivory is the slightly lighter shade which (on my hand) had a slight pinkish tone to it. Vanilla is slightly darker with an apricot tint. Eventually, after 10 minutes in front of the Revlon stand I decided on Ivory.

Can I just say I cannot believe testers for foundations and lipsticks are not available in the U.S. How can a girl test colours of foundation without a tester? I felt that I was ruining stock by getting a sales assistant to open the two bottles and felt so guilty.

Intro over – time for the review.

This foundation is definitely gives a sheer coverage. It is very light and blends into skin very well – as advertised. In fact, I cannot get over how light it feels on. It feels like I have nothing on my face what-so-ever. It’s fantastic.

The sheer coverage means it does nothing to cover blemishes and isn’t great at covering redness either. After my skin calmed down my skin tone was drastically improved but I can imagine that if I ran anywhere I’d still look like a tomato.

There is SPF 15 in the foundation which is lovely and when applying the foundation IT DID SMELL OF SUNCREAM. It made me feel like I was on holiday (well I am right now, but it’s not a beach holiday) and that, in the summer, is lovely. I’m sure in the winter it would just be taunting you that it is -4 degrees and you are in a lecture theatre wearing a coat, hat and gloves because they haven’t bothered to put the heating on for a 9am lecture.

Due to the sunscreen in the formula, it is relatively moisturising. As soon as I applied it, my skin felt significantly softer. I can imagine with every day use, the foundation could be used as a tinted moisturiser (maybe). I’ll have to see.

There are a few bad points – I hate to say it.

Firstly, I feel that this foundation is quite orange. It looked so pale on my hand but when I applied it felt quite orange. No-one confirmed this and said I was being crazy. It is pale but I’m not quite sure it is my exact colour. It needs to be more pink – maybe Revlon should introduce a porcelain shade?

Any dry areas on your face will be emphasised by this foundation. If you have perfect skin – this is the perfect foundation for you. If you are prone to dryness and blemishes I wouldn’t bother. I am putting the dryness of my skin down to the weather in England (-1 degrees and evil winds) and hopefully my skin will improve the closer to summer we get. I’ve also got a new Elemis moisturiser that I LOVE and that should help too (it’s fantastic – see the review!). Hopefully closer to summer, this’ll apply well.

The foundation is quite expensive – I paid $8.99 in Walgreens and I think it’s £8.99 in Boots – and if it is not the perfect foundation then I wouldn’t bother. Sure, it is cheap in comparison to other Revlon foundations but for me it’s still quite expensive.

Lastly, the bottle doesn’t have a pump and this infuriates me! You have to pour some foundation out – which is messy- and it’s either too little or too much and you waste so much it’s crazy. If they added a pump I’d be extremely happy (or if I could buy a universal pump or something). It seems more and more foundations are doing this – PLEASE STOP IT.

Overall, it’s an okay foundation. It does look relatively natural and blends into my skin well. Sure, the colour isn’t perfect and it does show up dry patches but if you have the right skin for it, I could imagine people buying this foundation over and over again. I probably wont – meaning I’m still searching for my perfect foundation.

Rachael 0 ---- Foundation discontinuers 1

What do you think? Have you recently tried any of the Revlon Nearly Naked foundations?

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment