Wednesday 12 June 2013

Nail Art - my failed attempt of overlapping stripes with a fan brush


Hi there. For the first time in a few months I was in the mood for doing a bit of nail art. I was watching a couple of cheesy, mindless films on Netflix and remembered a video I had watched last summer which showed a technique of making stripes on nails with the use of a fan brush. I picked some colours up (I am obsessed with the Barry M Gelly) and had a go myself.


The original video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcF6czRgx4 
I tried to follow the instructions but I am not the best at nail art and I ended up with a bit of a different effect. Still, I love it!


The polishes used were Revlon - Bewitching and Barry M Gelly in Grapefruit, Blueberry and Greenberry


The polishes used were Revlon - Bewitching and Barry M Gelly in Grapefruit, Blueberry and Greenberry

I started out by coating my nails with two coats of Barry M's Gelly in Grapefruit. Then, I separated the fan brush out (as said in the video) and dipped it into Blueberry before making stripes over my nail. I then did this again with Greenberry and finally with Bewitching. Finally I created a look I liked by adding more stripes in the different colours until I was happy and voila - these weird stripey multi-coloured nails. 

Fan brush striped nails - final effect

I am pleasantly surprised as to how my nails turned out. I knew the Gelly polishes would look okay but I love the dark rose mixed in too. It gives another dimension to the nails and like I have said many times in the past few minutes - I love it! It gives almost a tortoise-shell effect (just not brown - I don't have any brown gelly varnishes).

I think I will definitely try this out with different colours (even if it does take forever to clean up).

Rachael xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment