Friday 21 June 2013

We'll go where nobody knows (OOTD)

I've managed to make it out of the house today! The majority of my eBay items finished yesterday so I popped into town to send them off. The prices to send off a small parcel now are extortionate! £2.60? I paid £1.70 last year! Oh well!


                                                                 Dress - F&F at Tesco
Jacket - H&M
Scarf - River Island (2 years ago!)
Necklace - Primark



I was unsure as to whether to buy the dress at first. Horizontal stripes are usually a big NO but this dress was only £10 and my mum persuaded me. I'm not going to lie, it isn't fantastic. It has a really long top so I wear it bunched up a bit to make it a bit more of an empire line than a skirt on the hips. It's almost a midi - but not quite. It's also strapless - which isn't all that easy to pull off! However, it is a completely wearable dress. I think it is actually meant to be a beach dress but it isn't at all see through. The fabric is really thick and seems to be quite a good quality. I think I might wear it to T in the Park with a pair of wellies and a thick cardie. Nice and simple.

It looked overcast and miserable outside so I put on my jacket and scarf. It was boiling and I felt like a boiled egg by the time I actually made it into town. There are now about 4 tea shops within 400 meters in Wickford. I don't understand. At least that meant I could get a drink easily enough! Note to self, I don't think it's leather jacket weather anymore.

I got my necklace in Primark for £3. It's kinda tacky but I like it for no apparent reason. It goes with nothing - it goes with everything! I let my flatmate wear it for a night out and she got so many compliments on it. I guess I just know how to pick good jewellery. 

Oh, and ignore my hair. It's in such awful condition. T is in 3 weeks and my hair will come back even worse. What is the point in paying £40 for a haircut to need one again in 3 weeks? There isn't any. This means I have to put up with dead hair with no style for another month until I know my hair is safe again. I'm counting down the days!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment