Saturday 22 June 2013

What's in my make up bag?

I was sorting through my make-up bag the other day and, like many others I expect, found that I used probably about a tenth of the products in my make-up bag on a daily basis. I have a certain few products that I pick up every day (more or less) and this post is to show you these products! Exciting right?



Yep, my make-up bag is pretty big and stuffed to the brim. It only cost me £6 in Boots because the bottom was stained and it was the last one left. What my luck?!

These are the products I use most days. Here we go!



At the moment I am using both the Nearly Naked and Match Perfection foundations. If I am just popping into town, I'll use Revlon. If I want better coverage and a slightly paler complexion I use Rimmel - simple as that. Neither foundation is quite the right colour and if I was clever I would attempt to mix them. I think I might try that.

The Elemis moisturiser is the best moisturiser I've ever tried. It is good as a general moisturiser but I often use it as a primer if my skin is overly dry one morning. It's super light and non-greasy and makes foundation application a breeze. I am so close finishing that I want to get the full size (which is £16-20!). I think I need to sell more on eBay.



When it comes to make-up I am very low effort and low maintenance. I always have been. I'm mega lazy when it comes to my hair and make-up and this really does show it. I have two day looks - light and dark. That's it . It takes approximately one minute to do both. 

Light - I curl my eyelashes and apply loads of mascara. That is it. At the moment I'm using the Mega Plush Volum' Express and it has grown on me (see review). I hated it but now I'm used to it I can deal. So yeah, curl eyelashes and tonnes of mascara. If I feel like putting in more effort I might add a light layer of a brown/cream eyeshadow but that does not happen very often.

Dark - I use one shade from my Revlon palette (siren) - that's it. I told you I was lazy. I just apply a tiny amount of the shadow top right on my eyelid and under my eye (think a bit racoon but not too much). I apply it so lightly that my eyelid is just a bit darker than normal. I then follow with mascara. 


Last July I had not one lipstick in my make-up bag. Now I have about 15. Since I came across the Revlon Lip balm stains I have become a lipstick addict. These colours above are the 5 products I have on hand (usually in my bag) at all times. They are all varying shades of pink ranging from a dark dusky pink to a coral pink and finally not even there pink. 

Light - with my no mess light eyes I pair either the Revlon lip balm/stain in Lovesick (020) or Maybelline Colour Sensation in Shocking Coral (910) and leave it at that. They are really bright shades and then I am done for the day. Just top up if needed. If I don't want a bright lipstick I will sometimes use the L'Oreal Glam Shine lipgloss in Romy (102) as it is a barely there pink that gives shine. 

Dark - If I feel like wearing a darker eyeshadow I almost always pair it with my e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose. It is a dark, cool, dusky pink that I hated and now I love it! If I want something a bit glossier I just coat it with the e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips which is a pretty close colour. When I run out of this lipstick I will definitely re-order it. I didn't think I would say that six months ago!

There we go. These are my every day products! I know my make-up routine is much quicker and lazier than many. Some of my friends spend over half an hour doing their make-up in the morning! I find it hard to spend more than 5 minutes on a daily basis! I wish I was more adventurous but who has time for that when they have a 9-5 lab? I sure don't but now it's summer maybe I should try! We'll see!

Do you spend more or less time than me? Do you use any of the same products? Let me know!

Rachael xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment